• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep [OOC]

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Colonel Hardison,
Your right its a Matchbox not a book. (lol enough with the matchbox already:D )
And no you have not given away anything!
Did you GM or play in Masks?

Shapermc

First Post
[YS I replaced occult with Spot. I had misconceptions with that for a min. (actually I knew what it was, I just had a brain fart :p) and I added my wealth. I will buy gear later, but assume that I have a suite, shotgun, and cash on me. I am waiting for Festy to pick a nationality and last name for us then I will go with that :D]

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Sorry about all the nonsense about the matchbox; it's one of those legendary props that has been talked about in RPG circles for years. I don't know why, exactly...

Anyway, up until the current CoCd20 game I'm playing in (the GM is running Return to the Mountains of Madness, converted to d20), I hadn't been anything but a GM/DM since the mid-1980s.

Starting money for the Father?

Yellow Sign, how much starting money, yearly income, cash on hand does Father Joe have? I saw that you have been giving it out to the others but you overlooked the good priest. :)

Toric

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Sorry Toric..Lol...I did not forget you. Shapermc asked me to do his money and Krug does not have the book so I did it for him.

Ok here is Father Joe's dough
Starting Money: $4000
Cash on Hand: $400
Money for Purchases: $800
Savings, etc: $2800
Income: $2000 a year

I am lowering the amount of money everyone has to start because I just think that its too large a lump sum. $4000 is alot of money in 1925. You can add any money from left over from purchases to your Cash on Hand.

When everyone has there character posted and approved we will start the game. I hope everyone has a blast. I know I will.

Colonel Hardisson: Hey I had fun with the matchbox talk :D so nothing to be sorry about LOL!

VorpalBunny

Explorer
YS - if you're lowering starting amounts, should I make some changes to my character? If so, let me know the professor's new starting money...

Does a place to live and a vehicle come out of the money for purchases or are we assumed to have that stuff at the start? Either way is fine, just want to determine what I need to spend the money for purchases on.

Toric

Yellow Sign

Explorer
You are considered to have that stuff from the start. Though your income will determine the type of house and car. The higher the better. I game terms your home and car will have little affect on the game.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hey Shaper, if its no trouble, could you create my character? Upon looking for my pdf I remembered that I had to leave it at the other house because their wasn't a burner on my dad's computer (there was a zip drive though so i was able to bring along the resident evil splatbook for CoC :D, not that it helps though :()

Oh yeah, last name and nationality. Hmm, how about Irish? Last name maybe... Gilliadh?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads