Masterwork Potion Belt

stegma

First Post
Would anyone know which book the Masterwork Potion Belt is located in?

My DM hasn't heard of this item but it clearly exists. I just want to make sure this isnt a made up item that everyone adopted since I cant find it in any of my books.
(not that I have them all)

Potion Belts: Allows you to carry 6 potions and retrieve them as a free action.
A masterwork version holds 10 potions.

Thanks greately!

mikebr99

Explorer
stegma said:
Would anyone know which book the Masterwork Potion Belt is located in?

My DM hasn't heard of this item but it clearly exists. I just want to make sure this isnt a made up item that everyone adopted since I cant find it in any of my books.
(not that I have them all)

Potion Belts: Allows you to carry 6 potions and retrieve them as a free action.
A masterwork version holds 10 potions.

Thanks greately!
The MW potion belt is in the FR campaign setting...
holds 10 potions... retrieving is a free action. market value = 60gp.

Mike

frankthedm

First Post
mikebr99 said:
The MW potion belt is in the FR campaign setting...
holds 10 potions... retrieving is a free action. market value = 60gp.

Mike
That is a 3.0 book was it not? Did it make it into the Player's guide to fearun?

Sunder, a DM's best friend.

mikebr99

Explorer
frankthedm said:
That is a 3.0 book was it not? Did it make it into the Player's guide to fearun?

Yes, FRCS was 3.0... and none of the new equipment was updated in FR PgtF. So it can still be used as-is.

Sunder... and Power word, Pain as a 1st level spell. ;)

Mike

iceifur

Explorer
frankthedm said:

Yes, but so is "rocks fall, everyone dies." The game is set up so that a DM can bone their players at any time. A DM could, of course, talk with their players to determine whether a given item is appropriate to the campaign, but that would just be silly.

Vurt

First Post
How is this item overpowered? Retrieving it is a free action instead of a move-equivalent one, sure, but it still takes a standard action to actually drink the darned thing. So one can still only quaff one potion per round.

This seems to me to be useful primarily for downing healing potions while trying to get away from something! What am I missing here?

Cheers,
Vurt

wayne62682

First Post
If I am not mistaken, I think the price was errata'd to 6gp instead of 60.. since the regular, non-masterwork version costs 1gp and can hold 6 potions. Paying 59 additional gp for 4 additional potions seems, well, a little ridiculous to me.

Potion Belts are great; every character I ever play (whether in FR or not) has one. Why these things were'nt added to the PHB I'll never know, but they are an amazing item to have. Every adventurer should own one.

Vurt said:
How is this item overpowered?
The alternative to this item is a feat (Quickdraw), or a 20000 gp item (gloves of storing). This item costs under 100 gp.

Changing something from a move action to a free action is a huge deal.

Nac_Mac_Feegle

First Post
Itsa good item, and soon falls by the wayside once you get your first magic belt, because you cant wear both. Belt of Giant strength over the potion belt anyday TYVM.

Feegle Out :cool:

Remove ads