• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mature] MnM The Academy

Alisson returns Ricky's smile with a half-grin of her own before sinking back into her worries. She lingers on in the room for a short while after everyone else leaves and then follows them in.

perivas

First Post
Ricky really couldn't wait to start and it showed in every step that he took (he was practically skipping his way in delight towards the training hall). As the others seem to take their time, he couldn't help but blurt out, "Come on, slowpokes! Fun's waiting." A bit frustrated at the fact that the others did not seem to speed up despite this encouragement, he pauses here and there for a few more imaginary at bats. Except this time, it's filled with self-narration. "It's Ricky Rantle at the plate...he's two for four this evening a triple at the bottom of the second. He's powerful switcher, something that Johnson has a bit of problem with.... And with a man on first and Rodriguez, a dangerously fast base-stealer, on second, he has his work cut out for him. Rantle is averaging 0.322 for the season and is the leader in RBIs for the Orioles this season...."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Trina smirks as Ricky postures. ...would that we were all as carefree as yourself. she thinks glumly. She continues to the elevator, presses the button and waits. After a moment she takes out the braclet and puts it on.

"So... I guess you can call me Meltdown; My friends call me Trina. Any of you have any idea on what exactly is going to be involved in our 'preliminary assessment'?"

"I suppose that if we're going to be working together, we should all have at least a basic understanding of eachother's abilities. My body generates a sort of really intense fire or plasma..." her voice drops and picks up a haunted quality. "...it tends to destroy things and I have a hard time controlling the intensity."

After another moment of instrospection she continues, "But I've learned to do a couple tricks with it. I learned how to fly the other day and that was pretty neat."

Looking at Sam, "Aside from a pigmentation issue, can you do anything else with the electricity arcing off of you?"

Glancing shyly at Ricky, "And you look like a baseball player..."

Nervously switching focus to Allison, "Hi Allison... what is it that you do?"

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
Mrs. Darkhome voice fills the elevator, "As we move down into the sub-basement you will find yourself in what looks like the streets of New York city. It is up to you to go into the Citizenz Bank and withdraw from a secure box the Al-Queda documents that we have siezed, remember the accsess code is 2479612. That will be your assesment. I see you're almost thier. Good Luck and remember anything that can go wrong does and will go wrong."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Cloistered within the elevator, its impossible not to notice the waves of heat pouring off of Trina. Should anyone comment on it or glance at her oddly she starts figiting nervously and offers a weak smile.

Upon exiting the elevator she walks off to the side. Closing her eyes for a moment, and visibly relaxing, the heat coming off of her intensifies. You hear a series of small crackles and pops as the building heat evaporates the moisture nearby. Hazy, white, semi-transparent tongues of flames engulf Trina. That accomplished she floats lightly into the air, a trail of super-heated air and vapor behind her.

She opens her eyes. "We should be going. Does anyone actually know where the bank is located?" Her voice is horse, as if she's expending a lot of effort doing this.

If no one knows where the bank is, she'll look for a phone booth and ask someone to look up the bank's address so that the group can get going.

perivas

First Post
Ricky shrugs at Trina's question (unless it's in plain view, of course). He looks about the cityscape and smiles at the hustle-and-bustle of city life. "Well, let's go find out and get a move on it. I wonder if they'll check for IDs when we make the withdraw. I fought mine upstairs."

Samnell

Explorer
Lobo Lurker said:
Looking at Sam, "Aside from a pigmentation issue, can you do anything else with the electricity arcing off of you?"

"Sure. I can drain batteries and fry stuff. And fly. And I can use it to run computers too. Oh yeah, and I don't need to eat, get sick or tired, or breathe if I don't want to, but not breathing makes it hard to talk. I think I might be able to take a bullet too. My core temperature is about .5K, but skin temperature is much warmer. I'm just a little cold to the touch...but I don't really feel cold or heat like I used to either," Sam gestures to his very light clothing. "Which is how I can go around dressed like this all the time. I mean, I could roll around in snow in a swimsuit. It's sort of warm, really. I thought it might be cool to get frozen in a block of ice for a while, but it could get boring. I'm not going to fall asleep," Sam continues in very slightly accented English.

"What's really neat is that I sussed out how to be an electromagnet. Anything ferrous I can throw around without much trouble," Sam's Star of David floats up off his chest, inverts, and spins around on its axis. "I reckon I could pull the iron right out of someone's blood if I could get a good enough grip."

"I can also speak English and German fluently, plus pretty good French. But I could do those before," Sam trails off for a few moments. "Oh right, and I heal pretty fast. If you guys want I could try to cut myself later and let you see what my blood does. It's really cool. It comes out white and turns blue to match my hair, but turns into a gas pretty quick in oxygen. Like I had blue smoke inside or something."

Samnell

Explorer
She opens her eyes. "We should be going. Does anyone actually know where the bank is located?" Her voice is horse, as if she's expending a lot of effort doing this.

"I might," Sam offers as he tries to remember. "By the way, did you know that you're warm?"

OOC: Pete, Sam's a New Yorker with a photographic memory. Does he know the way to the bank?

"Wow, you're all very...talkative. Well, hrm, where to begin," Alisson starts.

Rebecca remembers her encounter with the mutant just a day ago, it's still fresh in her memory-just like everything always stays fresh in her memory. Her eyes as she fell, did she see her life flashing before them...?

"I can knock people out or hurt them worse with my mind. It's hard to explain exactly how that works, I'm not quite sure myself...exciting or killing brain cells or something." She pauses a second, as if to catch her breath. Inside her mind she was given the answers to the questions which she sought, it was a strange feeling of dialogue that happened when she wanted to access the abilities of those she mimic'd.

Her friend Jimmy froze in place, dead in his tracks as he tried to charge me, er, her. The look of terror in his eyes that Rebecca noticed...she noticed alot of things. And then the crowbar lifted behind the young girl's head...

"I can also paralyze people, stop them cold." She says simply. "Doesn't last too long, though." She then adds, as if in a forgetful trance (or perhaps one where she desires to forget).

"My abilities are pretty boring, but you guys have some really cool powers it looks like!" Alisson says, changing the topic of conversation away from herself.

Talking about what Alisson can do seems to have helped me I think. I'm pretty sure I can at least attempt to use some of her mental powers stuff now.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Sollir Furryfoot said:
"I can knock people out or hurt them worse with my mind. It's hard to explain exactly how that works, I'm not quite sure myself...exciting or killing brain cells or something."

"Cool. I've got a giant battery in my body. Supercold molybdenium is the strongest known electromagnet, and it's taken over the tasks of most of my vital fluids. It makes for interesting biology. I suspect my humanity is a topic only of interest to historians," Sam finishes with the air of a quotation.

Remove ads