[Mature] MnM The Academy

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
You have all finished your orientation, and have now been put in a group, with SHIELD agent Raven Darkhome, the small room you are in has very little in the way of conforts almost bear but for the small desk Ms. Darkhome sits behind. She says the following in a strange Europeon accent "You have all met during the orientation, so I decided to group you together for the point of this exercize. This is a preliminary assesmant, that will determine what level of control you have over your powers. So if you would all move to sub-basement six and ask any questions you have. Oh, yes Meltdown you might want to wear this bracelet, it cuts down on the pain from the fire."

Last edited by a moderator:

Samnell

Explorer
Pate Pot Pete said:
You have all finished your orientation, and have now been put in a group, with SHIELD agent Raven Darkhome, the small room you are in has very little in the way of conforts almost bear but for the small desk Ms. Darkhome sits behind. She says the following in a strange Europeon accent

Sam, wearing a tight-fitting, white tank top that closely matches his skin and a pair of black track shorts, adjusts the Star of David hanging from his neck and tries to place Darkhome's accent.

"You have all met during the orientation, so I decided to group you together for the point of this exercize. This is a preliminary assesmant, that will determine what level of control you have over your powers. So if you would all move to sub-basement six and ask any questions you have. Oh, yes Meltdown you might want to wear this bracelet, it cuts down on the pain from the fire."

She had us all cram in here just to tell us to go somewhere else? And give Meltdown a bracelet? Couldn't we do that in a hall or something? It's. A. Bracelet.

Envy introduced herself enthusiastically to the others as "Alison Walker, pleased to meet you!" earlier. Right now though, Alisson seems more distracted than she was earlier, though she's probably just worried about this 'assessment'.

There's something here in my brain that's not quite the same. Envy thinks, I know it's that girl's powers but I'm not sure if I can really tap into it that well...I get such a headache when I try. Her worry increases as she realizes that they might have something to actually test them for what powers they have. Gotta keep calm, you've fooled everyone else so far, you can fool them. she thinks.

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
The bubble gum-chewing, baseball player named Ricky Rantle (aka, Sandlot) is in quite a good mood now and, in fact, all through the orientation. He winks and gives knowing thumbs up to everyone he passes by and you seem to be no exception. As Ms. Darkholme barks directions as to the next phase of the "assessment", he cheerily replies, "Just give me something to hit...right down the middle and I'll send it flying into the parking lot." He gives a quick demonstrating with an imaginary pitch just to be sure everyone gets the idea.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
"Just give me something to hit...right down the middle and I'll send it flying into the parking lot."[/color] He gives a quick demonstrating with an imaginary pitch just to be sure everyone gets the idea.

"Not if I fry it first!" Sam smiles and arcs of blue electricity climb over his hands.

Last edited:

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
Darkholme says in her odd voice "If you would all just go to the evevatur located outside my office we'll all be on our way"

SHIELD is a haven for red tape sometimes, this is one of those times.

Samnell

Explorer
Pate Pot Pete said:
Darkholme says in her odd voice "If you would all just go to the evevatur located outside my office we'll all be on our way"

"Ok," Sam goes to the elevator as told, shooting Ricky a look as he does.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Trina rises slowly. Her clothing an excercise in dressing depressivly in black and hangs loosely over her scarecrow frame. Her face is almost invisible behind her low-hanging bangs. You note that, unlike most girls in our generation, she's managed to cover up every single swath of skin except for her face... and that's covered by her brittle black hair.

She accepts the bracelet without comment and looks it over. ...yet another toy designed to protect me from myself... when are they gonna learn that it's too late for me? She frowns and sticks the bracelet into a pocket.

After waiting for everyone to exit the room, she slouches her way to the elevator, a pensive expression on her face... if you could see it. Maybe they'll let me fry some bad guys before my time is up. I owe mom that much I guess...

She looked over her companions... that kid, Sam, looked about as skrewed up as she was. From his electrical display, she assumed he was another energy projector, like her. Hopefully he didn't experience the same "containment" issues that she did.

The other girl, Alisson, had a posture that spoke of worry... performance anxiety? Trina felt for her... she remembered her first testing session... it'd been a disaster. Her trainers knew that her powers were heat based, and had taken the appropriate precautions... but her powers had burned right through them, almost killing one of them... she could undam the flood of energy within her at will... it wanted to be released. Containing it was the hard part... but controlling it seemed to be another thing entirely. Something that she wasn't entirely convinced she'd be able to do in the time she had left.

The other boy, the one that called himself Sandlot, was kind of cute. But he was older than she and she knew from many many experiences, that he'd shoot her down if she showed any interest. Besides, she reminded herself, she was here to work; Not to make friends. They had a job to do after all.

Remove ads