• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mature]Werewolf: The Forsaken - Preludes

Shalimar

First Post
Faith rubbed her hand along Ari's back to show that she wasn't alone as the woman told her pack everything that had happened to her over the course of the long night. The girls eyes did widen in shock when Ari said she had shot a kid, but she tried not to let it show beyond that since she wanted to give her packmate the benifit of the doubt, especially because of the way she had talked before about not wanting to take care of people that might find out about werewolves. The pink haired Elodoth was not very happy with the way the conversation was going, especially with Piotr talking about eating a gun, Ari didn't need that idea in her head, not at all, though the way he said it did make her wonder what he had done in the past since that didn't sound like the type of thing a shopkeeper would talk about, at least not the way he was.

"Piotr, what did you do...before being a shopkeeper I mean...you sound like you know about a lot of stuff." the girl says encouragingly, wwanting the oldest of the pack to open up a bit more and maybe change the subject for Ari, or maybe he could relate some experience that would make her feel better.

"I can understand that packs would react to us differently...can you tell us which pack's territories Hillside Heights is in, and which pack's territory Piotr's store is in? Is it in this Moriarty's or these pure guys? I want to know who we have to talk to so that we don't have any problems, at least while we are still learning whats going on." Faith says to Candace.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
She pauses, then looks up at Candace, an odd look on her face.

"Can we find that spirit? And if we do...what can we do to it?"
Candace hisses, “Hithisu… it means spirit-urged in the First Tongue… the hisil is rife with many spirits, spirits of animals, to spirits of the elements, and even spirits of emotions. They feed off the essence of the living world… rage spirits feeding off the anger and wrath of humanity… bear spirits feeding off the actions and icons of the animal that spawned them… and in your case Ariella the spirit you dealt with was most likely a spirit of malice or murder… drawing on the essence of the murder and pain it created.”

She looks right at Ariella, “You are a Bone Shadow… it is your ban to deal with every spirit in kind… this is the will of Death Wolf. This errant spirit must be taught its place… and perhaps even be destroyed. That is what we do… we continue Father Wolf’s legacy…”

Festy_Dog

First Post
Shayuri said:
Ari gives Piotr an aggrived look and snarls, "Oh, that makes me feel a WHOLE lot better! Thanks! Oh, and want to know what makes it great? It wasn't even the kid's fault! Apparently some...like...spirit had possessed him, just to get to ME. So really, it's my fault all around, isn't it? And just to top it off, I killed the kid, but the SPIRIT got away. So don't even TALK to me about how hard it is, alright? Just...don't."

Piotr's shoulders slumped as Ari lashed back. He had done it again. He wanted to show understanding but was never able to choose the right words.

"I'm sorry," he said, genuinely apologetic, "I am bad at choosing words."

Shalimar said:
"Piotr, what did you do...before being a shopkeeper I mean...you sound like you know about a lot of stuff." the girl says encouragingly, wwanting the oldest of the pack to open up a bit more and maybe change the subject for Ari, or maybe he could relate some experience that would make her feel better.

Piotr looks conflicted for a moment.

"I don't know much, really. I was never able to finish high school. Between then and owning a store I was in the military. Everything I know I learnt there," he looks uncertain about continuing, "I know some things that will help us when we have to fight."

He quiets down and seems to subconsciously take hold of an orienteering compass on a cord around his neck.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"I can understand that packs would react to us differently...can you tell us which pack's territories Hillside Heights is in, and which pack's territory Piotr's store is in? Is it in this Moriarty's or these pure guys? I want to know who we have to talk to so that we don't have any problems, at least while we are still learning whats going on." Faith says to Candace.
“Black Moon Extreme,” Candace replies, “That is their territory but it isn’t like they tend to it all that well. Hell half the time they are running around trying to kill vampires… which only pisses them off and in turns starts more trouble then its worth.”

“And yeah Faith vampires exist… and I don’t know $#!+ about them… so don’t even ask. You want my advice, don’t screw with them and they won’t screw with you… as far as Hillside Heights, my pack is the closest to it, but we don’t claim it… so you are more then welcome to it.”

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Oh yeah," Ari mutters. "I most -definitely- intend to pay this spirit in kind. Holy hell yes. Just tell me how to find it."
"You hunt it down..." Candace replies, "when you are done with learning who you are... you will know what to do."

Shalimar

First Post
"Well, all we can do is try not to piss Black Moon...Vampires?" Faith asks trailing off in the middle of the thought, blinking. "I always thought vampires were kind of cool and romantic but if they're real then they probably do drink blood and kill people, huh?" she says with a sigh.

"Well, if no one claims it I guess we can if thats the terriory we want. I do think that would be a good place for us, it would be nice to be in a place where we wont be butting heads with another pack while we are learning, and Isaac did say your pack would help teach us."

"We will hunt it down Ari, all of us together." Faith says firmly, it didn't matter whose territory that thing was in, just thinking a bout a spirit that liked to make little Children kill made her feel angry, made her want to find it and bite it, rip it, tear it. That was wrong, it was evil and if werewolves were suppoused to deal with spirits like that, well, they would deal with this one.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hunting an evil spirit? Piotr was clueless as to what he and the handful of his colleagues had encountered years ago, but this was a start. If he could eventually find out what it was perhaps it could bring some closure to the memory. Perhaps killing it would be more effective.

"I will help," Piotr said.

Graf

Explorer
Camera has been following the conversation avidly.
Spirits, murder, hunting

He's now perched beside the couch.
"How do we find it? Is it near Hillside?"

DrZombie

First Post
"Let's calm the feck down, 'right." He looks at the police woman. "If something made you kill a kid, we'll feckin' pay it back, no matter what."
He looks around.
"So what now? We find us a territory, Hill Heights, right? Then we'll see about these vampire hunters for Watson's shop. But first we need to get feckin' sorted. How the hell do we feckin change to feckin' werewolves? How do we deal with spirits?"

He looks around at the rest.
"What? Don't look at me like that. If y'all gonna be in my feckin' pack, we'd better get things feckin' organised, right?"
He looks at the 'pack'.

"I mean, I'm not too fussed, I can get along on my own. But you." He points at the pink haired girl. "What are you gonna do when mom whines again about how pink hair isn't right for a girl your age. Change into a ten foot killing machine and tear her face off?"

"Not that I'm pickin' on you, but you know. We're not in feckin' kansas anymore that's feckin' sure."

He looks at Roman.
" What's this? Why the feck do I start caring what happens to a girl I don't know? Why does Watson over there feels like a mate I have known for all my life? I know him for twenty feckin minutes?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads