• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maure Castle

airwalkrr

Adventurer
-SIN-: Not that I have a problem with the new character, but I chose to make this a core only campaign for a reason. If you want to rebuild, you will need to use core rules only. However, I do not think a rebuild is really necessary. I made some tweaks to your character and I think the result is fairly viable, although it will be a challenge. Take a look. Nothing major, just some optimization. I concentrated skill points a bit more rather than spreading them so thin they would border on useless and I changed up a few magic items. If I really wanted to I could probably make the character even more effective, but changes of this sort would go a long way to make the character more viable.

Attachments

• Haradras - -SIN-.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 79

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
airwalkrr said:
[sblock=Steve Gorak]Dwarven deities of magic are almost unheard of since dwarves do not traditionally take to arcane magic well. Moradin has the protection domain. Laduguer has magic and protection, but he is the lawful evil deity of duergar so dwarves rarely serve him. Moradin, Clangeddin (battle), Dumathoin (secrets under mountains), and Abbathor (evil and greed) are the dwarven deities in Greyhawk. None of them have the magic domain. It wouldn't be impossible for you to serve another deity though.[/sblock]

[sblock=airwalkrr]OK, it'll be Dumathoin , with Knowledge and protections. I'll finish the equipment and spells by tomorrow.[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
airwalkrr,

My character's equipment and spells are done. I'll fiddle with the feats (spell penetration isn't really useful to a cleric). Do you expect us to encouter a lot of undeads?

I still need to do the planar-cohort's equipment. BTW, for the planar-cohort, do I use standard wealth for her level (9th) or half of my character's wealth?

Cheers,

SG

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Steve Gorak said:
airwalkrr,

My character's equipment and spells are done. I'll fiddle with the feats (spell penetration isn't really useful to a cleric). Do you expect us to encouter a lot of undeads?

I can only tell you what your characters know. As stated in the OP, your contact, Alcor, "believes the place to be uninhabited, but before you left he related that the place has a reputation for surpassingly deadly traps."

Steve Gorak said:
I still need to do the planar-cohort's equipment. BTW, for the planar-cohort, do I use standard wealth for her level (9th) or half of my character's wealth?

For cohorts, use the NPC wealth chart in the DMG (12,000 gp for a 9th level character).

airwalkrr

Adventurer
While Steve Gorak finishes, take a look at the stat blocks I wrote up for your characters and make sure everything is right. I like to keep it in this format because it is easier for me to reference things.

Attachments

• Kiera Elzmyr - Jemal.doc
    28 KB · Views: 86
  • Mellena - Imerak.doc
    30 KB · Views: 77
  • Talenir - Salthorae.doc
    30 KB · Views: 75

Jemal

Adventurer
Pretty good, looks like we're nearly ready to go, I looked through the sheet, here's what I noticed.
[sblock=Kiera stuff]
Disintegrate is a Transmutation spell, as such it should be DC 24.

You left out my Spare Explorers outfit, Nobles Outfit, and Jewelry. Also my second MW Artisans tools (Stonemasonry).

You said I could take a "Talented Artisan" feat for +2 to two crafts (Blacksmithing+Stonemasonry), but I see on the sheet Skill Focus: Blacksmithing instead..

If the above is how I think it should be, then my craft skills should both be +16 (10 ranks + 2 int + 2 Talented Artisan + 2MW tools).

Also, for My Perform - you said before that I could use the Lyre of Building as an instrument.. should I assume that as a 13,000 GP Magical instrument, it counts as Masterwork, or would that cost an extra 100 GP?

Finally - This character would not use a quarterstaff, though a Dagger in the boot would work for her.[/sblock]

-SIN-

First Post
Airwalkrr - I was wondering if/when an opportunity arises, would I be able to join your Darkhawk camp?

As you can tell from my low post count I'm relatively new, and it was your DH campaign that got me interested in pbp gaming in the first place. I must say, I really like what's going on in-game; Give yourself a huge pat on the back!!. I'm just getting annoyed that there's not more of it to read each day!!

Will you be blue-booking it in storyhour/at all?

Also - did you make those adjustments (to my char), or did you want me to do it? It's not a problem, just let us know, thanks...

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Jemal]Ok, check this one out. I think I got everything. The lyre of building counting as masterwork is quite reasonable.[/sblock]

-SIN-: Thank you for the interest. I appreciate the compliment, but I like keeping my campaigns small. Four players is usually as high as I go. I'm only letting five into this one because I said someone could join before I realized I already have four. If we lose a player in DH, I will keep you in mind though. Don't know if I'll make it a story hour. I have enough to do as it is. But we'll see. For your character, I just made those adjustments as suggestions of how I would build it, but if that is what you would like to use, feel free.

Attachments

• Kiera Elzmyr - Jemal.doc
    28 KB · Views: 78

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=airwalkrr]
Looks good. The only thing I'd point out is to keep in mind that when I'm within 1 mile of my familiar (which'll be all the time if I can help it, I like to keep him close), my reflex save will be 2 higher.
[/sblock]

Remove ads