• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

May previews

lightblade

Explorer
But, there's nothing stopping the Warlord from being a second-line fighter with a polearm so he can be in melee with the baddies while still not being right next to them, right?

Michele Carter

First Post
lightblade said:
But, there's nothing stopping the Warlord from being a second-line fighter with a polearm so he can be in melee with the baddies while still not being right next to them, right?

Exactly right, and my longspear-wielding warlord does exactly that. Doesn't provide flanking, but it's still a nice power in the right situation.

hong

WotC's bitch
WotC_Miko said:
Exactly right, and my longspear-wielding warlord does exactly that. Doesn't provide flanking, but it's still a nice power in the right situation.
I am SO building a warlord with a longspear. That's what my fighter in BG2 always wanted to be!

tlalocbyu

First Post
Rowsdower said:
I feel we're getting shafted on the next two fridays. Seems like they are gonna repeat the info for magical gear. But that's just a guess.

Anyone else notice that the Magic Items preview for next Friday is from the DMG, and the Magic Weapons Preview for the following Friday is from the PH? Will magic gear be split between the two books?

MindWanderer

First Post
WotC_Miko said:
Woohoo, spoiler! Longspears exist.

I've been trying to justify building an eladrin spear-fighter/wizard as one of my two RPGA characters, but the more I read, an eladrin spear-warlord/wizard just looks so much cooler... but the other character I really want to play is a cleric, and the whole point of making two characters is to fill different roles...!

I need a new concept.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
tlalocbyu said:
Anyone else notice that the Magic Items preview for next Friday is from the DMG, and the Magic Weapons Preview for the following Friday is from the PH? Will magic gear be split between the two books?
Could be that the stuff in the DMG are the rules/toolbox for making your own Magic Items to put in your game, and/or the rate of giving out Magic Items, alternatives to Magic Items.

Sojorn

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
Could be that the stuff in the DMG are the rules/toolbox for making your own Magic Items to put in your game, and/or the rate of giving out Magic Items, alternatives to Magic Items.
Artifact rules!

And if your next campaign is a 4th Edition game, you can use the artifact rules (in the Dungeon Master's Guide) to model your character's new incarnation.

beverson

First Post
tlalocbyu said:

I believe an early statement by one of the designers said that all of the things that a player needs to make a character are in the PHB, including magic items...so they either changed their minds, or the stuff in the DMG will be more from a creation aspect for the DM, or some other option that I haven't thought of! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads