• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you reading?

Mycanid

First Post
So it is May ... time for a new thread! What are you all reading folks?

I'm currently reading a book of fiction kinda similar to Pilgrim's Progress I am told (never read it) called I-ville to You-ville. It's kinda interesting....

Lockridge

First Post
I just finished Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys and Coraline. Anansi Boys was a fun and light modern fantasy. I like his use of ancient myth based on totem animals over Zues and Thor and all those.
Coraline is actually a children's book but I'd probably wait until the child is 8 or 10 before giving it to them.

Next, I'll probably re-read one of my Fighting Fantasy books because of the other thread in General. After that maybe Stephen R. Donaldson's Gap series (an acquired taste).

bento

Explorer
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. Bought it to read to my kids this Summer, but I'm reading it myself first.

After that I'll probably pick up "The Children of Hurin."

Mycanid

First Post
bento said:
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. Bought it to read to my kids this Summer, but I'm reading it myself first.

After that I'll probably pick up "The Children of Hurin."

Ha hah! EXCELLENT! :) I just purchased a version of this book filled with illustrations by Alan Lee. It is quite a nice work!

I'm kinda curious about the "Children of Hurin" too, I must admit.

Anyhoo ... back to the thread.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
CHILDREN OF HURIN for me right now, too. It's better than I expected. (In other words, I think non-SILMARILLION-lovers will be able to enjoy it as much as those, like me, who enjoyed SILMARILLION.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads