• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you reading?

Asmo

First Post
I´ve just finished "The hidden city" by David Eddings, the last book of the Tamuli saga.
I quite enjoy David Eddings writing; easy reading and enjoyable at the same time.

Now I´ll start with something completely different; Neil Gaimans "Anansi Boys".

Asmo

Wombat

First Post
Now reading Throne of Jade. While I enjoyed His Majesty's Dragon as fun eye-candy, in this book Ms. Novik has obviously been doing a bit more research into the era -- the language of her characters is more authentic, as is general terminology and presentation of little things like food. OTOH, the action sequences are coming a bit too fast & furious -- the pace could be a bit more leisurely, for my tastes. Still, it is fun so far. :)

After this, though, I gotta read something a little more serious -- my head has been filled with froth of late. ;)

Jeysie

First Post
Been working my way through Stephen King's Dark Tower series bit by bit.

Right now, specifically, I've gone and bought the four current issues of The Gunslinger Born to look through. I don't buy comics that often on account of my too-quick reading speed, but I like the art in these, and I'm a fan of Peter David.

Plus, weirdly, I find I like Roland's old ka-tet characters and the flashback stories better than the "present day" stuff so far. :eek:

Peace & Luv, Liz

S. Baldrick

Explorer
"The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane" by Robert E. Howard. I actually have real all of these over 10 years ago but it certainly worth re-visiting.

HandofMystra

First Post
I am reading The Lion of Ireland by Morgan Llywelyn about Brian Boru. The Wikipedia entry really disagrees with her version.
Al that is Solid Melts into Air: the Experience of Modernity
just finished Riverwind the Plainsman
just started Flint the King - I guess I am going to get into reading Dragonlance
I am going to start rereading: A game of Thrones (I have signed up to play AGoT D20 PbP) and The Star Kings by Edmond Hamilton (Golden Age of SF space opera - the first real SF book I read in sixth grade)

Victim

First Post
A Sense of the World. Interesting stuff, but the descriptions of "medical" practices was rough. And it's not like I've never read gory stuff in police or adventure novels. Maybe it's the earnestness and intent to help that makes it so horrifying.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads