• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you reading?

Chairman7w

First Post
Now I'm on to Area 51. It's fun. AND it was only $2.99 on Amazon for Kindle.

Basically, it takes every Alien Conspiracy theory ever, throws 'em in a bowl, mixes it all up and adds a story line. Fun, fun, fun!

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Finished Ghost Story and Just a Geek. Now reading Wizard's First Rule and I hate it. I guess I'll finish it, so I can say I read the book, but I've realized that I am sick and tired of the standard fantasy formula and tropes. Soooooo sick of them.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Finished Ghost Story and Just a Geek. Now reading Wizard's First Rule and I hate it. I guess I'll finish it, so I can say I read the book, but I've realized that I am sick and tired of the standard fantasy formula and tropes. Soooooo sick of them.

It's all downhill from here. Stay well away from this series (IMHO)!

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
It's all downhill from here. Stay well away from this series (IMHO)!
I've been warned about the series in the past, but always heard the first book was worth the read. I sincerely doubt that prior advice is accurate after about 15% of the book. Ugh.

I honestly don't know if I can continue it, despite my desire to just finish it to say it's been read. It's going to be a struggle.

Right now I am reading Finn Mac Cool, by Morgan Llewellyn. Pretty good so far, and in interesting depiction of the legendary Irish hero.

I also recently picked up some old Dragonlance and Forgotten realms books, though, so those might be next on the list when I finish.

Krug

Newshound
Hilary Mantel's sequel to Wolf Hall, Bringing Up the Bodies. She manages to do something new with the often-told tale of The Tudors. Writing is gorgeously addictive.

delericho

Legend
Still wading through "The Second Book of Lankhmar". About 60 pages to go, and I can't wait for it to be done! Leiber definitely seemed to lose his touch. :(

Next up will be "Death of Kings" by Bernard Cornwell, and then "Snuff" by Terry Pratchett. And there will be a new Pathfinder somewhere in there, too.

Remove ads