Mayfair "Role Aids" products: Favorites? Conversions?

Psion

Adventurer
rgard said:
I loved all their stuff. Really well done. Whatever happened to the designers of these? Did any get on the OGL/D20 bandwagon?

After a quick survey, only one name stands out:

Steve Kenson.

Vanuslux

Explorer
The only Role Aids product I ever owned was Lizardfolk. Man, that was an amazing piece of work that I've not seen touched as far as a monster culture guide.

Xyanthon

First Post
I liked the Dragons one as well. Wizards, Undead and Giants were pretty good too. Mayfair has a sale going on of all their old Roleaids stuff. I think I pretty much got the entire Roleaids line a couple of months back for some rediculously crazy price. Here's a link to it if anyone is interessted in picking some up: http://www.mayfairgames.com/shop-special/roleaids/mfg-ra.html. Probably one of the best sales on some great old school RPG goodness that I've ever seen.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I loved the new spells in Archmagic. Man oh man, spells of up to 15th level make the stuff in the ELH seem wimpy by comparison!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Stuff from UNDEAD has been a staple in Aquerra campaigns since the early 90s.

WIZARDS on the other hand, I have in my "selling/trading thread in the marketplace (see sig)

Eosin the Red

First Post
Lich Lords was one of my favorite campaigns. The DM teased out the module to last for about 2 years of weekly gaming. My poor 1st ed 11th Level Archer-Ranger didn't live to see the defeat of the Penticate.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I think they had a product called Apocalypse, which was just a number of ways a DM could conduct an apocalypse in his campaign. Great sourcebook. :)

Remove ads