McConaughey is Magnum?

FCWesel

First Post
I get the feeling that this is going to be a joke movie, like that utter POS Starsky & Hutch joke. I just don't buy McConaughey as Magnum, either.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FCWesel said:
I get the feeling that this is going to be a joke movie, like that utter POS Starsky & Hutch joke. I just don't buy McConaughey as Magnum, either.
Either that or it will go entirely the other way like the Miami Vice movie.

Ranger REG

Explorer
FCWesel said:
I get the feeling that this is going to be a joke movie, like that utter POS Starsky & Hutch joke.
Well, the only thing I remembered from the old Starsky & Hutch show is the car (had a pocket-sized Hot Wheels version).

I know it wasn't a comedy but it was a buddy show, so there were humorous, goofy moments.

It's the same with other buddy shows like Simon & Simon and Hardcastle & McCormick. So's Magnum.

Elf Witch

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Source: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070117f.php

It has an interesting cast list (not confirmed):

Matthew McConaughey ... Thomas Magnum
Steve Zahn ... Rick
Tyrese Gibson ... T.C.
William H. Macy ... Higgins

Don't know if they could pull it off considering Matt, Steve, and William appeared together in the film Sahara (with Penelope Cruz).

Yuck Yuck I don't like McConauhey that much. I don't think he is good looking enough to be Magnum or charasmatic enough. Or funny enough.

I do like Macy as Higgins but then I like Macy in every thing I have ever seen him in.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Hand of Evil said:
Interesting choice, got to think this is going to be Magnum without the mustache, just don't see McConaughey in one for the role.
If McConaughey isn't sporting a mustache for the role, I won't be seeing it. :\

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Its All About the Moustache

Perhaps Macy could play Magnum

macywilliamh1.jpg

Remove ads