• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MCDM starts work on its RPG Monday!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
While I love the work in flee mortals, I didn't love either of the first two books. Like? Yes. Love? No. I'm hoping we get something good here, but I don't have the time or energy to learn six different systems.... Level up, this, kobold, shadow of the sorcerer, plus whatever existing game my group might try. I'm hopeful, but I'm also worried.

Retreater

Legend
While I love the work in flee mortals, I didn't love either of the first two books. Like? Yes. Love? No. I'm hoping we get something good here, but I don't have the time or energy to learn six different systems.... Level up, this, kobold, shadow of the sorcerer, plus whatever existing game my group might try. I'm hopeful, but I'm also worried.
The debacle about the sticker sheet to fix the misprinted last book kinda soured me on MCDM's quality control. I was going to wait and see how Flee Mortals was received before backing anything else.
I'll watch to see what comes next. I'd love to see something emerge as a kind of industry standard, but I don't expect we'll get that again for many years.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The debacle about the sticker sheet to fix the misprinted last book kinda soured me on MCDM's quality control. I was going to wait and see how Flee Mortals was received before backing anything else.
I'll watch to see what comes next. I'd love to see something emerge as a kind of industry standard, but I don't expect we'll get that again for many years.
I thought they handled the sticker well. It was more that it turned out I was not interested in the content. That's on me buying stuff I didn't really want for some reason.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I mean...no matter how this all shakes out exactly, the industry standard is still unlikely to change. Interested to see what creatively might shake out from some third parties spreading their wings, though.

Retreater

Legend
I mean...no matter how this all shakes out exactly, the industry standard is still unlikely to change. Interested to see what creatively might shake out from some third parties spreading their wings, though.
It's certainly going to be interesting. Searching for the positive in all this - it's going to be freeing fans and content creators.
This is basically pulling the bandage off the industry standard d20 license most of the hobby has been built around for the past 20 years.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's certainly going to be interesting. Searching for the positive in all this - it's going to be freeing fans and content creators.
This is basically pulling the bandage off the industry standard d20 license most of the hobby has been built around for the past 20 years.
I wouldn't even bet on that in the long run: there is a lot of chaos now, but a new normal will emerge, and the monetary incentives will still lean d20 in the end.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
He’s talked about it before and while he said all cards are on the table I think he really meant normal dnd dice. He’s said funky dice in that context before.
I would be interested in a game that uses cards instead of dice.
I don't know how far it would get, considering it seems like the TTRPG world is going to break up into an asteroid belt, but it would be refreshing at least.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads