Mearls is the new manager of D&D

So long as the linkboys live, Mike and I will be Friends Forever.

I am thinking of getting him one of those half-heart necklaces.

We can write our names on them.
gay.gif

:p

Falstaff

First Post
So long as the linkboys live, Mike and I will be Friends Forever.

Hahaha, awesome! By the way, I prefer the term "torch bearer". Linkboy sounds like something illegal is going on.

thedungeondelver

Adventurer

Since you might be looking at this, Mr. Mearls, could you please set about to fixing the typo in the 4e PHB intro, and stop* converting AD&D modules over to encounter format modules with screwed up maps?

Thanks.

*=WotC. I don't think you yourself are doing it. But since you now have all the pull...

What's the issue with the conversions? You don't play 4E, I don't see why you'd care.

What's the issue with trying to hijack this thread with an edition war?

Folks, note what Fifth Element has done here - and then don't do that. Thanks. ~ PCat

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven Crowking

First Post
Mike:

Each edition is what it is. Just as I would argue that a good DM shores up his weaknesses and plays to his strengths, each edition must do the same. Where does that show the most? In the published adventures.

Kick ass, gotta own, gotta run, gotta play in adventures are required for any edition to have legs. You need adventures that demonstrate the best ways to use the skill challenge system. You need adventures that demonstrate how to make combats count for more than just grindy slogfests. You need adventures that show how to use the elements of the game in the best possible ways.

People learn game rules from the books; people learn how to make the game breath from the adventures.

RC

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com

Go with the half-spleen and use your WoW names. ;)

What's the issue with the conversions? You don't play 4E, I don't see why you'd care.

The rubric for sharing opinions with WotC isn't whether or not you understand. Incidentally, I seem to recall your signature line during the first year of 4E mentioning that you didn't play 4E but that never seemed to stop you from posting opinions on 4E. It is perfectly legitimate for people to want new, not recycled, adventures to use for 4E or even to convert to other versions of D&D (or even other games). However, is it really that you don't understand or does "You don't play 4E, I don't see why you'd care" actually mean something else?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Congratulations, Mike! That's a heckuva promotion, and I know you will do well. About the only favor I could ask of you is simply this: keep up the good work.

Remove ads