Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: I will be away from tomorrow until New Year's Eve, and won't have Net access.

Please feel free to NPC Peladus Bralc as necessary. I'm keen to have him hook up with the group going on Bront's adventure.

Thank you.

Happy Christmas! Happy New Year!

'Nock

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar, not quite certain what to make of Rinaldo's answer, continues to bring the water to Peladus. After she has finished hers, she says "I think I will retire to the Dragon now, to start my own preparations for the travel now... and to hopefully regain my sobriety..." She nods a faint smile at Peladus and goes on her way.

(OK, some bookkeeping: Assuming the list here is accurate, we have the following travellers and travel plans.
[sblock]
Travelling through the wilds
  1. Michael Grannion
  2. Hulgyr
  3. Eternity
  4. Ironwolf?
  5. Almayce?
Using their own means of transportation
  1. Tor (own mount spells)
  2. Nodis (astral servants)
  3. ?Some others carried by Nodis?
Using the organized mount magic:
  1. Rinaldo
  2. Hogarth
  3. Vanitri
  4. Elektra
  5. Tenebrynn
  6. Ashnar
  7. Zack
  8. Ducane
  9. Opale
  10. Juliana
  11. Devlin
  12. Nurlan
  13. Gur
  14. Lucien
  15. Rinya
  16. Babette
  17. Richard
  18. Lokin
  19. Octavio
  20. Tumna
  21. Valan
  22. Quozen
  23. Fimbus
  24. Khairi
  25. Maladar
  26. Droggle
  27. Hasin
  28. Baldrian
  29. Jace
  30. Gaius
  31. Ashmodai
  32. Jinx
  33. Peladus
  34. Lily (can be carried by someone else)
  35. Ironwolf?
  36. Almayce?
[/sblock]
Pending some details, we have 33 to 36 mount-users. We have a capacity of 45 travellers if Almayce joins, or 4 less if he doesn't. There are 15 players who expressed interest, but haven't turned up yet (several are still caught in LLTQ). We don't have the capacity for all 15, but we should have the capacity for the adventurers in LLTQ that want to join.)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: We can add 2 more mounted user if Opale learn Mnemonic Enhancer spell, so each of her 4th level psell that aren't illusion can be filled with 3 mounts spell, not 1. We also have 1 rod of metamagic (extended Spell) in the group and we havn't consider all low adn mid level spellcaster that could cast mount, so we might be able to give everyone some mount. but for now, it doesn't seem a problem.

For food, we only need or three level 3 cleric spell, so Hogarth will easily feed everyone.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard's horse, Sally, is only a riding horse, so whatever that limits him to, if it is better than the spell-horse, he'll take her. She could also come and just haul gear if that would work out.

Knight Otu

First Post
(I'd hope we'll start soon, but the approaching holidays may delay it a few days, it looks like.

I've noticed that I put Gur in the mount-user category, but I believe he expressed that he wanted to go the wilderness route. Reduces the number of mount users by one.

Richard: Barring extraordinary circumstances, the "spell-horses" are better than any mundane mount for the standard, 550 mile route. They're likely slower than mundane horses due to being encumbered, but since we're riding several hours longer each day (viable since we are using two mount spells per person per day, so one mount can be ridden for 8 hours, then the other is summoned and can be ridden for the remainder of the day), we can cover extra distance that would kill a normal mount. Mundane mounts work on the 550 miles route only if they are unencumbered light (war)horses.

Which casters beside Ashnar have flying familiars? They might help scout ahead a bit, looking out for potential trouble, but since they can't fly the whole day long, there'd have to be more than one for this to work well.)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
I've noticed that I put Gur in the mount-user category, but I believe he expressed that he wanted to go the wilderness route. Reduces the number of mount users by one.

OOC: If it helps a bit, sure. Does that mean I need to buy a regular mount?

Rystil Arden

First Post
I'd hope we'll start soon, but the approaching holidays may delay it a few days, it looks like.

(OOC: Bingo. Plus the holidays, with its general slowdown, is the perfect chance to let LLtQ catch up. I don't want to be a scrooge and screw everyone over on Christmas by blazing past the people who are doing something for the holidays. I would expect a major update with significant advancement just after Christmas is over. I may jump the gun and start sooner (with a hiatus for Christmas itself likely due to people being indisposed))

Velmont

First Post
Opale have a snake familiar.

Creamstreak, no problem to have you onboard. We won't have any problem for the moment. Maybe (and that isn't sure) that we might have a problem if a large group join us here (like the people in LLTQ)

Remove ads