• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mellubb's "Vecna's Revenge" ICC

s@squ@tch

First Post
Leigh Phelan, Cleric 1 Hp: 10/10

[sblock=OOC] So, am I correct to assume that there are multiple sources of this smoke? i.e. basically a bunch of these rocks fell from the sky and are now creating smoke?

Did we ever find out whether the goblin died of smoke inhalation, physical wounds, or anything else?

Does this rock look anything out of the ordinary?
[/sblock]

"Well, that sounds like a good idea, lets get a good look around."

"I'd join you in the tree tops, but I'm afraid I'd break a leg."

Leigh looks around pensively, almost expecting something, possibly some goblins to pop out of the underbrush. She pivots from foot to foot watching the agile halfling scamper up one of the taller trees, chewing on her lower lip from the stress.

Mellubb

First Post
Kaylin scampers back out of the smoke. She look around pacing from tree to tree look for one with low lying branches. She finds one she thinks will do the trick and scurries up toward the top. A few seconds later she is lost in the newly grown leaves.

[Sblock=Kaylin] You wrestle your way to the top braches and thanks to your size are able to balance all the way to the top. Looking around you see 3 more pillars of smoke in the distance. They are miles away in the parts of the forest you have been warned many times by Uncle Alan to stay out of because the “Elves do not take kindly to trespassers in their woods.” [/Sblock]

[Sblock=The Rock] The rock is green and shiny. It has a rough texture similar to cantaloupe. The rock is egg shaped and is 6 inches long X 4 inches wide. [/Sblock]

[SBlock= Liegh] Looking around you do not see anything out of the norm. However you can not seem to shake the feeling you are being watched. [/Sblock]

Eydis

First Post
Kaylin will come back down the tree, point in the direction of the other rocks and say "There are three more rocks that way, but they are miles away in the 'forbidden' part of the forest. I think that we should just take this one back. I still have work to do before the wedding and we have plenty to report to the elders."

Theocrat

First Post
But did they ask us to just find out what caused the fire? They seemed to indicate a whole lot more than just go investigate and come back with the results. We need to go further. When we see the Olves and see that we're not out to harm the woods, that we're from the town and wondering what these rocks have to do with the great fire in the sky. If there is nothing else, then we can take it back.
How much longer until the wedding? Days? If it will take too long to go investigate the rocks further out and we won't return to the town in time, then we should take our findings back to the elders. If we have time, we should investigate the goblins and rocks and any potential connecction.
Kasis

dontremb

First Post
Jarrod Nackle

Jarrod ponders a moment. "I agree with Kasis. We should explore a bit more. As of right now, we have very little to report back to the elders at all. 'Um, we found the meteors, and some dead goblins, and green smoke.'" He grins at his own sarcasm.

"Let's investigate further. And, if the egg happens to hatch while we're exploring, all the better." The excited bard looks again at the green rock.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Holy crap! That egg is awfully heavy for being only 6x4 inches!!! It MUST be holding a dragon. LOL[/SBLOCK]

Eydis

First Post
"Well I really don't think that Uncle Alan will like us disobeying him and going into the Elves woods. I think that this one and the report that there are others will be more than enough for them to figure something out about it all."
Kaylin then looks at Jarrod and says "If you think it is an egg, shouldn't we get it back at once in order for them to find out what it is before it hatches?"
Then, looking at everyone "All right, what is the vote then? Do we risk it, or do we take the meteor back now?"

Jemal

Adventurer
Ragnor shifts the heavy sack on his shoulder as they talk. My vote is with Kaylin, we should take this one back and THEN perhaps, head after the others. He looks around at the slowly dissipating smoke, something is troubling him but he's not sure what.

[sblock=ooc] I've got a weird feeling bout this... Or maybe that's just lunch....[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]My last post never appeared. Hmph.[/sblock]

Vanta looks around at his cousins. "I think I have to agree with Ragnor. Our parents wouldn't want us going to the woods, at least right now. The elves might not ask questions before they shoot. We should take the rock back and tell them what we've found. Plus," he says a little more enthusiastically, "I would like to take a sample of the rock and study it at my father's lab."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads