• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mellubb's "Vecna's Revenge" ICC

Mellubb

First Post
The wedding is the day after tomorrow. It is a 4 hour walk back to town. You have the rock in a bag. You have a dead goblin. You have moved out of the smokey area. You know where 3 other smoke pillars are. The next step is yours to take.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

"I say we start back home. I don't want to stay out here, the smoke conceals what may hide in the dark. Our parents would be worried sick if we didn't return, especially with the wedding so soon. If we leave now, we would be home by dark."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Leigh Phelan - Cleric 1, Hp: 10/10

"I agree with you, we should head back with the stone and report what we've found."

"However, once we consult with the elders of the village, I believe that we have to come back out here and investigate the 3 other landing sites of these rocks and also see if they form some sort of pattern or are completely randomly distributed on the ground."

Theocrat

First Post
I of course disagree! I believe that since we have time - we have the rest of today, and tommorow AM to scout around and investigate. Come on, are we adventurers with a supposed destiny or are we children lined up to be spanked if we don't come home on time?
Yes the elders want us back, but they also said to investigate the situation. What do we have to tell them currently? Here's this rock that weighs something outragous by its size, a dead goblin and smoke. But we don't have much to tell.

[sblock=OCC] -
In character and out - are we a bunch of adventurers or are we wusses? If we wanted to stay home and change the cat litter we shouldn't be carrying weapons, but a shovel.
I don't have a desire for the DM to have to run a split campaign but so far it's not been that exciting - and there was the concern that it wasn't starting soon enough and excitement was needed. But I'm planning on staying here in the woods until the time arrives to return for the wedding (I'll leave approx. 1pm tommorrow).
If that is not something the DM wants to deal with then I understand. Then say we go back home, get new instructions and put us back into a position for some movement.

I realize this is a different format for game play than is traditional with table-top, but there still needs to be exciting reading and posting. And our banter about Jarrod hitting his knuckles was the most exciting so far.
I will normally trust Kaylin's player to know her husband - [my WifeFIEND kicks me during game play, and I've come to ask now "are you kicking me to touch me or to kick me" because I was "killing" the players one time and she was kicking me - just to touch me, play footsies. So I take my ques from her if I'm being to defeating towards the group - or too slow or too fast or too whatever.] - and would typcially follow her lead in this type of example, but with a day to investigate we're at a standstill in terms of doing something that is right (listening to our elders) and something that is fun, exciting and a bit dangerous (doing what the ADVENTURE part of adventurers).
[/sblock]
Kasis Rayg

dontremb

First Post
Jarrod Nackle

Jarrod begins with, "This is crazy! We've come all this way and we've got all this time, and we have no idea WHAT to report to the elders. I think we should..." At that, Jarrod pauses, glances over at Kasis in slight bewilderment.

"For once, I agree with Kasis. If you guys want to head home to your soft beds, by all means. I'm staying." With that, Jarrod starts looking around for a place to set up camp.

"Well, what's it going to be?"

Theocrat

First Post
"I don't think we need to look for a place to camp just yet. It's only 1045am."
"If you head back, please tell the elders that we'll return shortly. And if we haven't, please enjoy the wedding, and don't let anyone beleive that we may have been hurt or injured or worse, as that would ruin their day. Just chalk it up to us being young and adventurous and Kasis and Jarrod doing what we'd be doing. Arguing as to the facts of life, which girl is hotter, and how in the world he is able to handle such a short house with uncle noniz for a 'father!'"

"No matter what the design is, Vanta, that might be a bit heavy of a rock to be carrying over your shoulder all day. We might want to make a drag sling using tree branches and a tarp. If you head back, in 4 hours you're going to hurt, and if you run around here in the forest it'll hurt and be harder for you to hit something should something arrive."

Kasis Rayg

Eydis

First Post
OOC
I just wanted to say that right now, Kaylin is totally in character. Her not wanting to be in the woods nor getting hunted by elves is totally Kaylin. She will gripe and complain, but she'll do whatever everyone wants to. Plus she's a girl with an important part in a wedding in a couple days, why would she want to jeopardize that?
As for people with attitude about others playing in character, that I don't like. No one appreciates it. We're all here to have fun. Let's not be rude about it. Thank you.

Eydis

First Post
Kaylin will stick her tongue out at Kasis and say "Just because you've traveled around doesn't mean you can do everything. Anyway if you all want to go, then let's stop talking about it and get moving. We're wasting time here."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

Vanta, always one to stay near a crowd, and ever so reliant on his cousins, looks slightly dissatisfied with the decision, but nevertheless says, "Let us get going then, if we are going to look around, let us do it."

Remove ads