Mellubb's "Vecna's Revenge" ICC

s@squ@tch

First Post
In either case, in a wider open area such as the outdoors, I would expect ~ 5-10 ft spacing between rows and columns.

In dungeons or cramped conditions, it would obviously be a tighter formation.

Eydis

First Post
OOC
I was just roleplaying her nervousness at her first real adventure. Kasis is the only one who has ever had any real adventure, so to him it's normal to want to go explore. There was nothing to ease Kaylins nervousness though, therefore she was hesitant at moving on. I assumed that we were all supposed to be rather close to each other and would therefore understand each other a bit more. I will work on being more clear next time. Believe me, I have nothing against adventuring; I just thought it would be more interesting to roleplay her fears out instead of just jumping in.

Eydis

First Post
Kaylin looks at Kasis, "No problem Kas, I'll keep a very close eye out for anything or anyone up in the trees. Once we've gone about a half mile I'll go up and check again."

Theocrat

First Post
"Any of the marching orders should be fine. The first however, seems to have us spread out a bit. But that could be good to keep us away from any area spells, should we encounter them. And unfortunetly, with all the tree's we cannot tie string around us to keep us all in sight of each other. So we just need to make sure that everybody can see someone else. Gotta work on the buddy system. Else, the olves will grab Jarrod and we'll not know. Or be greatful (sarcasim tone). With Vanta holding the heavy bag, he should be in the middle. And not hesitate to drop it. Better yet, swing it at a potential attacker."
"Jarrod, when we do get home, you've gotta check out your dad's secret stash for a bag of holding."
"I think Kaylin, you'll need to check up in the tree's a bit more than every half-mile. Quarter mile possilby. I'm sure none of us have a spy glass. So we need to be on the look out for anything that seems "overly" natural. Although, I doubt we'd notice anything "overly" natural, being rural folk and all!"

- I have my spear and shield out, looking appreciatialy towards Leigh's heavy armor. "Soon enough, and the Path of Pholtus will guide me towards his path to greater glory, which will hopefully entail some Full Plate!"

[sblock=OCC]
Our characters all know each other rather well. However, we do not know our own PC's much less the other PC's. Heck, in a game like this, we'll never really even know the players. D&D is such a social game that I give XP when myself as DM and at least 3 players go out and do something. That way we learn to react and understand each other.
But now that I understand Kaylin's motovations, I can see how a young, demanding and bash PC can seem like a dick.
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

"I agree you should be checking up the trees more often, every quarter mile or so, like Kasis said. Yeah I don't have the rock, that just my spellbook in my backpack, it is oftly large is it not?" Vanta sighs, "Unfortunately it is mostly empty, hopefully not for long."

Mellubb

First Post
The group moves through the woods a quickly and quietly as possible. Kaylin stopping every 400 meters or so to find a tree to climb. The trip seems drab and completely unlike the stories Gerbo tells.

[Sblock=Kaylin] Finding suitable for climbing becomes easier the further into the woods you get. After you climb the the third tree you notice one the smoke pillars as stopped smoking. There is still smoke around the area but there is no pillar anymore. Looking around the canopy you don't notice any thing you would think is out of place.
[/SBlock]

dontremb

First Post
Jarrod Nackle

[SBLOCK=OOC]The first marching order is fine by me.[/SBLOCK]
Jarrod gets a big grin on his face as he pulls his sword out from behind his back. He strains a little with its weight, but seems to manage ok. "Let's hope we don't encounter any elves then." With that, Jarrod sets off, keeping an eye out on his surroundings.

Remove ads