• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mellubb's "Vecna's Revenge" ICC

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

Vanta smiles at the excited Jarrod. "That blade is nearly as big as you, I've seen you swing that thing at trees, and you looked capable enough...Then agains orcs can move," he adds with a wink.

dontremb

First Post
Jarrod Nackle

Jarrod grins at Kasis in a good-natured way. "We'll just see how much I've learned with this sword when we run up against said orc, won't we?" He winks at cleric, smiling. "On another note, while the flying bubble sounds incredible, I have little interest in army-size battles. I much prefer the story about a smaller group. Those are who the legends get based on."

Jarrod begins whistling a tune and shoves his hands in his pockets while staring ahead at the smoke.

Mellubb

First Post
[Sblock= Vanta and Kasis] both of you know that so much black smoke should be accompanied by flames. Judging by the depth of the smoke in the forest you should be able to see said flames, but you don’t see any. Clearly something extraordinary is afoot. [/Sblock]

[Sblock=Kaylin and Leigh]
As you venture closer to the impact site Kaylin and Leigh notice there are fewer animals as you get closer to the wood line. And once you reach theforest there are no animals at all. [/Sblock]

As you approach the wood line you the smoke begins to burn your eyes and lungs. The smoke has created a fog and it inhibits your vision. You can not see further than 15 ft in around you.

dontremb

First Post
Jarrod Nackle

While covering his mouth with his shirt and holding back a cough, Jarrod grunts, "Wow, it's getting really interesting now, isn't it?" He squints and attempts to peer deeper in the forest. "Perhaps we should be a little careful? It wouldn't do well to start of this epic adventure with all of us getting caught in a forest fire. Hah!" Jarrod begins to chuckle at his own joke, but ends up just coughing violently.

[SBLOCK=DM]What? No SBLOCK for me? Man! LOL, J/K. I'm sure I"ll get my fair share of secrets. I think it's cool, not looking at them. We will each get our own knowledge. Very interesting.[/SBLOCK]

Jemal

Adventurer
Ragnor looks around "How can you tell? I can see a few dozen feet! Although I admit it's not as hot as I would have thought." He keeps pushing forwards, ignoring the orc comments and trying to keep everyone in sight. "Lets just get through this before we choke!"

Eydis

First Post
Coughing a little, Kaylin ties a rag around her mouth and nose to make it a bit easier to breathe, and says "I agree with Ragnor, lets hurry through this before we choke! Better yet, maybe we should wait until the smoke clears, so we don't hurt our throats." Then she flashes a grin under her rag.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

Ragnor said:
"How can you tell? I can see a few dozen feet! Although I admit it's not as hot as I would have thought."

"Exactly," Vanta replies matter-of-factly, "there is no heat, nor any crackle of burning brush."

"Yes let us hurry along." Vanta holds his sleeve over his nose and mouth, trying to keep the smoke out as best as possible. Vanta follows the rest of his cousins into the smoke, lightly coughing under his breath.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Leigh Phelan Cleric 1 hp: 10/10

"This is ridiculous -- what I wouldn't give for a strong wind to break this up... Who knows what could be hiding in there, just waiting."

Leigh follows along with the others, her hand firmly holding her morningstar, and her eyes darting back and forth to the periphery of the smoke.

Mellubb

First Post
As everyone pushes forward, holding whatever cloth they have to their face to ease breathing, a green glow appears dimly lighting the area in strange emerald aura. It is still difficult to breathe and see. There is a loud thud as Jarrod falls to the ground. Everyone looks in his direction to find he tripped over the body of a goblin.

Remove ads