• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mellubb's "Vecna's Revenge" ICC

Mellubb

First Post
[SBlock=Ragnor] You can estimate it will take about an hour before the smoke clears away and you can see the area clearly.[/Sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

Vanta watches as Ragnor lifts the rock over his shoulder. He was a little jealous, he spent most of his time studying his books. There was very little time for physical exercise. I guess we are all gifted in different ways. "There was several of these things, should we look around here and see if there is some more? They would be nearby I would think."

Jemal

Adventurer
"I don't think even I could carry more than a couple at a time." Ragnor admits. "But if there ARE more, we may as well find them all, though this smoke isn't going anywhere for a short while." He looks around at his companions, wondering which way to go.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vanta

"Let's get out of this smoke, at least then we can look to see if there is anything obvious that will point us in the direction of more of them."Vanta looks around hesitantly waiting for somebody else to take the lead.

Eydis

First Post
Kaylin jumps at that suggestion and starts to head out of the smoke. "That sounds like a good idea. I could try to climb up a tree once we're out of the smoke and have a look around too."

dontremb

First Post
Jarrod Nackle

"I agree. I can't see what we could do with two smoking rocks that we couldn't do with one." Jarrod smiles. "I think we should crack it open. See what's inside. There's got to be something interesting. Oh!" He exclaims. "What if it's a dragon egg?"

He thinks for a second then looks up with a grin. "Perhaps we should get just one more. I'll help carry it." Jarrod glances furtively around the smokey forest floor to see if the group comes across another smoking boulder.

Theocrat

First Post
Kasis of the One True Path of Pholtus

occ
Can you describe the layout a bit. Is the smoke coming from the rock itself, or just the general area? When the rock was touched by the dog, was there any change it the area or the rock itself? What about has Ragnor carrys it.
The surrounding area. Are there any tree's that Kaiylnn can climb up now? How high up does the fog encompass? Meaning is it a low lying fog, or one that reaches the branches of the trees, which possibly Kaiylnn would be able to view.
Does it appear that it is a magical fog or natural (having been in the Troll Fens, I might be able to tell the difference). What time of year is it? Summer, less likely to have fog, but in the region of the marshes near GHC we may during spring/early fall.
If it's unnatural fog, could "light" dispel it enough to be able to see.
Combat Situation:
I have my Spear in hand (in case I'm "jumped", but at the drop of a hat, I'm ready to allow my cousins to feel the BLESSings of Pholtus of the One True Path.
/occ

"Cousins, I wonder if actually picking the rocks up is a good idea. Maybe we need to draw and map out what we find and see if there is a pattern to the locations. (I pull out some parchment/ quill and draw a small map of where we've gone and come, and where the rock was located.) Jarrod, what do you know of the area? What's that story about metoriates in the Star Carins so long ago? Something about them landing in a star pattern, seen from the sky."
"Lets not be so hasty as to make lots of noise, nor to carry this rock out of the area. We need to understand what surrounds us, and if where our best possible move lies. I think Kaiylynn should shimmy up a tree and see how high the fog goes (into the trees), and how far it goes. If the fog is very thick, I think that we need to tie ourselves off with ropes, much like rock climbing so that we do not get separated. "

Kasis Rayg of the One True Path of Pholtus

Mellubb

First Post
The haze that is obstructing your vision is smoke not fog. You are in the forest about 100m and some of the smoke did not escape the canopy therefore it built up into a haze in a 40 ft area centered on the hole where the rock was. There are plenty of tree she can climb but, in the area you are currently in she still won’t be able to see until the smoke clears.

Eydis

First Post
Kaylin smiles "It's settled then. I will move back out of this smoke and climb up a tree and have a look around."
Kaylin then puts her x-bow away and starts looking for a good climbing tree out of the smoke.

Remove ads