• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Meloncov's Sci-Fi Illustrations

Meloncov

First Post
fighter3.JPG

fighter2_19601.JPG

fighter_799869.JPG

genshou

First Post
Meloncov said:
I'm expiermenting with a new rendering setting:
I think I like the old one better. This one makes black edges appear on stuff, and it looks just like the matte lines on old sci-fi movies. The details also look a little more like something I would render, and I've been impressed by how beautiful your texturing has been so far in all your images.

Meloncov

First Post
genshou said:
I think I like the old one better. This one makes black edges appear on stuff, and it looks just like the matte lines on old sci-fi movies. The details also look a little more like something I would render, and I've been impressed by how beautiful your texturing has been so far in all your images.

I don't deserve much credit for the texturing; their just tiled textures dropped onto the ships (which is all that Doga is capable of).

Thanks for the feedback; I'll expierment some more with it.

Meloncov

First Post
Okay, this is normally what I find to be the best lighting settings:
destroyer2.JPG

By the way, are you still there Frukathka? Do you wan't a higher resolution version of your request?

Last edited:

genshou

First Post
Meloncov said:
Okay, this is normally what I find to be the best lighting settings:
[image snipped]
By the way, are you still there Frufurka? Do you wan't a higher resolution version of your request?
It's Frukathka, you know, but I think he'll know you're talking to him :p

I like that image. Shiiiiiiiiiny... priiiiiiiiiitty...

Meloncov

First Post
genshou said:
It's Frukathka, you know, but I think he'll know you're talking to him :p

I like that image. Shiiiiiiiiiny... priiiiiiiiiitty...

Silly me, assuming I can spell. Perhaps I shall, in the future, avoid sticking my foot in my mouth by refering to people solely as "hey you" or "that one guy."

Thanks for the complement, as always.

Hussar

Legend
While I know the rendering in post 122 isn't as pretty as the rendering in 125, it really looks a lot like a comic book drawing to me. Ink and pen rather than computer art.

It's a cool effect anyway.

Meloncov

First Post
I'm of to Gen Con, so there won't be any new updates in the next couple of days. Wish me luck that some publisher is drunk enough to think my work is professional quality, and wants to hire me ;) .

genshou

First Post
Good luck!

If I were writing a d20 Future book of some kind, you'd be the artist for my starships chapter, that's for sure :)

Remove ads