• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Meloncov's Sci-Fi Illustrations

Meloncov

First Post
There are a couple things I need to clean up, but otherwise this is done:
b4.JPG

Meloncov

First Post
I'm working on learning Wings 3D right now. I think I have the interface down, but working in it requires a somewhat disconcerting change in though process. Its sort of like the difference between building with Legos and sculpting stone.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Meloncov said:
I suppose I might try it if I encountered a place that allowed for selling models with no capital investment.
You may want to contact 12rounds, I know he has a store at Renderosity he may have some insight.

Amazing creations!

Meloncov

First Post
The fighter had a lot of internal mesh errors that were nearly impossible to get rid of (the result of being unfamiliar with the program) so I ditched it.

So, I started working on Pbartender's request. How do these proportions look?
yaht.jpg

I just realized that I don't have the grav genorators at the end of the arms. Also, the wires aren't in place yet; it'll be easiest to add them as one of the last steps.

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Meloncov said:
So, I started working on Pbartender's request. How do these proportions look?

The proportions look pretty good. The pole with the cockpit could feasibly be up to twice as long as it is, but it's not a problem, and I'd envisioned the arms to be "thinner" -- more like poles, than fins -- but that's also fine. Like I said above, there's a lot of potential variation in the specifics.

It's always neat to see what others come up with when you give them a description of something. :D

Meloncov said:
I just realized that I don't have the grav genorators at the end of the arms. Also, the wires aren't in place yet; it'll be easiest to add them as one of the last steps.

To be clear... there should only be one grav generator. It should be placed at the spolt where the four fin-arms join the pole, at the "top of the umbrella".

It looks beautiful.

Last edited:

Meloncov

First Post
A quick update. No new work for two reasons:

One, I'm learning Lightwave so it may be a while before I have anything respectable to show.
Two, I'm applying for a summer program in 3d graphics. For it, I'm re-rendering my bideo, which is eating up my computers processing power.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads