• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Meloncov's Sci-Fi Illustrations

Scarecrow

First Post
Excellent. Both Studio MAX and Lightwave are top-range packages. I used MAX professionally for five years before my company switched to Maya a couple of years back. I cursed it at the start but now I adore it - especially the marker-menus.

What is it that you do in school with DOGA? Is it just the animation club or is part of your corriculum?

Crow

Scarecrow

First Post
It sounds cool. How does it work? Do you get together as a team and produce images, models and animations? Does someone set a task or a theme?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce in Lightwave or Studio MAX.

Crow

Meloncov

First Post
We're working on a short movie together. Currently, we're in pre-production, doing the modeling, scripting, and storyboarding. As organic creatures are nearly impossible to do well in DOGA, and we don't have the time or recources to use a more complex program, we are creating a drama about robots. The last image I posted is the head of the protagonist.

sedarfaery

Banned
Banned
I must say, you have quite a bit of talent. All your renderings are just beatiful. I wish I had the talent to pull off making digital art this good. I took some courses at my local college, but it was just too hard to understand.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Meloncov said:
We're working on a short movie together. Currently, we're in pre-production, doing the modeling, scripting, and storyboarding. As organic creatures are nearly impossible to do well in DOGA, and we don't have the time or recources to use a more complex program, we are creating a drama about robots. The last image I posted is the head of the protagonist.
Sounds cool. Will you be sharing this flick online? :hopeful:

Meloncov

First Post
Frukathka said:
Sounds cool. Will you be sharing this flick online? :hopeful:

When it's done, yes. Optimistically, that'll be near the end of this year. If you want to look over our shoulders, the groups site is academyanimation.schtuff.com.

Meloncov

First Post
sedarfaery said:
I took some courses at my local college, but it was just too hard to understand.

My secret is that I have focused on mastering one very simple program before moving on to anything more complex. Only now that I have mastered DOGA am I trying to learn the far more advanced Lightwave (which, BTW, it the reason that I haven't posted a whole lot new lately; I'm struggling to learn the basics of the new program and as such have little worth displaying.)

Meloncov

First Post
sedarfaery said:
I guess I should try that myself. What program did you start with?

The DOGA L series. It's a set of three programs; the first very limited but ridiculously easy to learn, the other two progressively more difficult and powerful. Almost everything on this thread was done in L3. It's a good system, and its a good program, though even L3 has a tough time with organic shapes.

Remove ads