Men, women, insecurity & alcohol [** NEW UPDATE, DEC 2005 **]

nerfherder

Explorer
Turanil said:
In the meantime, plenty of opportunities to find the right girl and forget about this one.
Yup.

You've got a funny little anecdote to tell your mates about how you got this girl to agree to give you her number, but you never actually got it. Remember to slap you forehead and say "Doh!" at the end of the story... :D (I once managed to forget to get a girls number - but used a bit of initiative and things worked out)

Seriously though, forget her.

If you happen to bump into her at Christmas, see how you get on then.

Cheers,
Liam

P.S. where's she going to uni? If it's Newcastle, and she really is gorgeous, could you give me her nu..... oh, never mind ;)

Last edited:

[mini rant]

I'd definately ask her for her number again in the future, but look out for girls that pull the "Oh - I'm so unattractive" thing when they really aren't. They generally tend to be hunting for someone to fawn over them and always want to be the center of attention. I've got a girlfriend like that and she drives me INSANE. Whenever we go shopping she'll step out of the dressing room looking her best and sigh "this makes me look so fat" or "this looks terrible on me" just fishing for someone to say "Nope - not true. You look fabulous."

[/mini rant]

;) :)

If I were her - I would be reluctant to give out my number in that situation, as well. I would be much, much more likely in an alcohol-free setting, though. So I'd say your theory is at least partly true. :)

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
BiggusGeekus said:
HEY!!! One of those is my wife!

Y'all just better stay away from my house Dave .....

;)

Don't worry - my wife refuses to let me date. Something about "commitment" or somesuch.

BOZ said:
well, you have to cross off the jailbait, lesbians, married & committed, relatives, and handicapped... at least, i'd hope so!

Well, relatives are okay in certain states... :uhoh:

As for jailbait...they get older. Lesbians - well, depends on the lesbian. ;)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
BOZ said:
well, you have to cross off the jailbait, lesbians, married & committed, relatives, and handicapped... at least, i'd hope so! :eek:
Well, if you're that picky, you might only be left with less than a dozen... :heh:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Whenever we go shopping she'll step out of the dressing room looking her best and sigh "this makes me look so fat" or "this looks terrible on me" just fishing for someone to say "Nope - not true. You look fabulous."
You need to master the one-raised-eyebrow look and say, "Honey, it ain't the dress." One time, and she won't fish with you again.

It certainly kept my female friends when I was a teenager for doing that awful please-compliment-me! game, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with my years of singlehood.

Daniel

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Jdvn1 said:
Well, if you're that picky, you might only be left with less than a dozen... :heh:

what if i have a whole lot of happily married lesbian relatives of mine, who happen to be confined to a wheelchair and underage? :) that takes a lot of them out of the picture. ;)

The Shaman

First Post
smootrk said:
Another idea. Is a role-play gaming forum really the best place for advice for this kind of advice? Drop by the local game store and make some comparisons.
Keep in mind that many of the posters on this particular bulletin board are in happy relationships and/or date regularly* - not all gamers are Big Sweaty Game-Shop Habitués.

* Here's to wives and sweethearts - may they never meet!

Dingleberry

First Post
I don't have anything to add, but I will note that if I ever write my autobiography, the chapter that depicts my freshman year in college will have the same title as this thread.

Remove ads