Men, women, insecurity & alcohol [** NEW UPDATE, DEC 2005 **]

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Always ask.

If the answer is no - it's their loss.

Have confidence.

There are approximately 3 billion women in the world - if one says no, there are 2,999,999,999 others that may say "yes". The odds are in your favor. :)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Unless you're married, married with childeren, dating, have taken religious vows or something similar. You have, literally, nothing to lose.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Lobo Lurker said:
Unless you're married, married with childeren, dating, have taken religious vows or something similar. You have, literally, nothing to lose.

Well, he could gain a venereal disease!

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
If you ask her at Christmas she's gonna think you're a stalker or at the very least a wacknut who's been waiting for her all these months.

The fact that you didn't get her number is indicative of poor follow-through. Work on that. Or at the very least watch the first 20 minutes of the movie Hitch. I wasn't there, but when she said "yes" your very next words should have been something along the lines of "Great! I know a fantastic place for Thai food. You like Thai?" Seal the deal then get gone. If you aren't about to get gone, get her number and invent an excuse to get gone. For example: "Great! I gotta get going, I have water polo practice tomorrow morning. But give me your number, I'll call Monday and we'll work something out."

But what's done is done. Now all you have to do is get to a gym or jog or something. When she comes back for Christmas, impress her by juggling anvils. That's always a good ice breaker.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
DaveMage said:
There are approximately 3 billion women in the world - if one says no, there are 2,999,999,999 others that may say "yes".

HEY!!! One of those is my wife!

Y'all just better stay away from my house Dave .....

;)

Turanil

First Post
glass said:
Hopefully, she'll come back to work there at Christmas, so I'll be able to test my theory. In the meantime, any thoughts?
In the meantime, plenty of opportunities to find the right girl and forget about this one.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
DaveMage said:
There are approximately 3 billion women in the world - if one says no, there are 2,999,999,999 others that may say "yes". The odds are in your favor. :)

well, you have to cross off the jailbait, lesbians, married & committed, relatives, and handicapped... at least, i'd hope so! :eek:

Remove ads