• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Menace of the Icy Spire (Ozymandias79 judging)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Larinza deftly readies her weapon and shield and positions herself between Janus and the nearest Zombie. "I don't know about you, but I've always felt the dead are best left in the ground. Janus, that music's about to put me to sleep as well."

[sblock="OOC"]
Larinza trades her Standard action for a move action and positions herself at L3.
(I don't have any ranged attacks)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Larinza stat block]Larinza Tsani- Female Human Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17, Fort:15, Ref:14, Will:15 -- Speed: 5
HP:24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges Per-Day 8
Initiative +2 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Furious Smash
Viper's Strike
Wolf Pack Tactics

Inspiring Word Inspiring Word
Hammer and Anvil

Bastion of Defense
[/sblock]

balth

First Post
Aw, AW! you hear coming from below deck. It's cold enough down here, and your breath is *horrible!*

Balth withdraws two arrows, clenching one between his teeth, drawing the first, releasing, grabbing the second, drawing and releasing in one fluid motion.

He yelps as his cold fingers snap off the cold bowstring.

[sblock=Surprise Round Action]

Twin Strike:
Twin strike A; Twin strike B
+1 to each for Prime Shot
+1 for posting within 24 hours (1d20+7+1+1=19, 1d20+7+1+1=26)

If hit, damage:
Twin strike A, Twin Strike B damage(s) (1d10=2, 1d10=2)
[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin smiles. "Three versus two hardly seems fair for them." The dragonborn was generally unsure of himself, but combat raised his draconic heritage. His eyes shined brightly as he brought his shield and warhammer to bear. "We have 3 on this side of the ship. What do you have there?" Shorrin moves sideways, close to Murphy.

[sblock=ooc] Move Shorring to Q14. I figure that the far left zombie would have to go around the sled. Can't have my warlock getting smacked around. [/sblock]

[sblock=Shorrin stat block]Shorrin- Male Dragonborn Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:20, Fort:16, Ref:13, Will:11 -- Speed:5
HP:33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:12, Surges Per-Day 13
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Reaping Strike, Tide of Iron, Spinning Sweep,Dragon Breath, Villian's Menace
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Balth's first arrow speeds close by the zombie's ear; his second rips the ear from its head. There is no blood, so what would be a a distracting wound on a living man is not even an annoyance here.

To the south, Janus's soothing spell takes effect. The cold hulk's movements become even more sluggish, though there's no change in its expression. The other zombie is unaffected, perhaps because it has no mind to affect.

To the north, Murphy's bolt streaks towards the middle zombie and melts some of the ice on its chest. A low moan escapes its numbed lips.

[sblock=Status]
Balth (I9) - 27 << You're up!
Chillborn Zombie #1 (P18) - 24 - 5 damage
Shorrin (M14) - 18
Zombie #1 (L2) - 17
Chillborn Zombie #2 (M9) - 15
Zombie #2 (O2) - 15
Janus (L5) - 14 (12 when not near Larinza)
Chillborn Zombie #3 (Q4) - 13 - slowed
Zombie #3 (U16) - 12
Larinza (M4) - 9
Murphy (P13) - 4
Zombie #4 (K19) - -1
[/sblock]

(Backup map)

balth

First Post
[sblock=OOC Internal Monologue]
Balth watches as there is no reaction from losing an ear. He stands agape. He had first thought it a brigand attempting to harm him; perhaps a mage trying to use some kind of magic breath on him... but this was clearly not a man!

He and Torm had come to the aid of a town that claimed they were beset by undead, only to find it was several goblins on stilts trying to scare the townsfolk while the other goblins pillaged the town silos.

But this was real! And in front of him. No more warning shots![/sblock]

Um, I need help down here! There's something... not alive trying to eat me!

He waits a moment for a response, but as he does, again draws two arrows out of his quiver in a fluid motion. He closes his eyes, remembers his decades of training, opens his eyes and the arrows fly from his fingertips. The speed is almost supernatural, the arrows whistling so it sounds like snakes hissing through the air as they sail towards the undead menace.

[sblock=ooc actions]
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on zombie
Standard: Two-Fanged Strike

Red Snake +1 Prime shot, +1 post
Green Snake 1 Prime shot, 1 post (1d20 7 1 1=25, 1d20 7 1 1=14)

If Green Snake misses, I will use Elven Accuracy to reroll:
Green Snake Reroll +1 Prime Shot +1 Post (1d20 7 1 1=24)

Red Snake (plus Wis mod); Green Snake (1d10+5+4=13, 1d10+5=14)

Hunter's Quarry Damage (1d6=1)

[/sblock]

When he opens his eyes, all he sees are where the arrows will be, anticipating the sound of strikes as if cobras sinking their teeth into their prey...

[sblock=ooc question for DM]
Hi! I'm a little confused about the +1 bonus for posting within 24 hours of you. Is it to our next ACTION or our next ROLL? I'm not trying to rules lawyer, I'm just confused as to whether when one of us has a multi-strike power if it applies to only the first shot or the whole action, if that makes sense.

I assumed action, but looking at it now, I'm not sure, so please feel free to adjust however you deem necessary, but I would like to know to make your life easier as we go forward! :)

Also, if anyone else wants tokens (including the DM), I DM a couple games on Fantasy Grounds, so I have a bajillion tokens for most character races, as well as monsters. Again, this is only with DM willingness/approval ^_^ Here are a couple zombie tokens to provide example. Hope I'm helping, not annoying. I really like the game! [/sblock]

Attachments

• zombie.png
    zombie.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 88
  • zombierotter.png
    zombierotter.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]
Yeah, I hadn't really thought through multi-strike powers when I made that ruling... I saw it in the first post of another game and thought it sounded like a good idea. I'm gonna say keep doing it the way you're doing it.
[/sblock]

balth

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]
Yeah, I hadn't really thought through multi-strike powers when I made that ruling... I saw it in the first post of another game and thought it sounded like a good idea. I'm gonna say keep doing it the way you're doing it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
kk thanks :)
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]
Oops, it's not surprise round any more, I have monsters to play!
[/sblock]

Balth's arrows sink into the thing's throat, shattering the layer of ice and tearing through frozen muscle. Its head slowly topples to one side, where it lolls horrible, still moaning.

Outside, the cold zombie stumbles towards Shorrin and Murphy, arms outstretched. At the last minute it howls and brings its arms down on Shorrin, who easily dodges aside. It howls again, and both Shorrin and Murphy feel as if their blood has turned to icewater as the thing sucks the heat out of everything around it.

[sblock=Status]
Balth's attack bloodies Chillborn #2.

Chillborn #1 moves to P15, makes a Slam attack at Shorrin, and misses. Shorrin and Murphy are now in its Chillborn Aura and will take cold damage on their turn. Which is right now, I guess.

Shorrin's turn begins and he takes 4 cold damage.

Balth (I9) - 27
Chillborn Zombie #1 (P18) - 24 - 5 damage
Shorrin (M14) - 18 - 4 damage << You're up!
Zombie #1 (L2) - 17
Chillborn Zombie #2 (M9) - 15 - 29 damage, bloodied
Zombie #2 (O2) - 15
Janus (L5) - 14 (12 when not near Larinza)
Zombie #3 (U16) - 12
Larinza (M4) - 9
Murphy (P13) - 4
Zombie #4 (K19) - -1

Thanks for the new tokens, Balth! If anybody else wants a token for their character, send them along!
[/sblock]

(Backup map)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin felt the supernatural cold sting his skin. With a roar that would make his draconic ancestors proud, his warhammer slices through the air toward the undead.

[sblock=actions/ooc]

Shorrin will use Tide of Iron against the "zombie." I doubt a 13 hits, but if it does the target is pushed 1 square..... can he be pushed onto the sled? If not, then I'd prefer to simply push it back away from Murphy 1 square. Thanks.

1d20+6=13, 1d10+3=7

[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Alas, Shorrin's mighty sweep is ruined as his feet slip on the ice, forcing him to pull back to regain his balance.

The zombie next to Larinza reaches for her, blindly and ineffectually. It moans and shuffles sideways. As Larinza pivots to follow it and keep the reaching arms at a distance, she hears another zombie shuffling up behind her and, before she can turn, its fists slam down into her back.

[sblock=Larinza and Janus]
Make Religion checks, please.
[/sblock]

The zombie in the hold breaks into a stumbling run and lurches towards Balth, head rolling wildly on the remains of its neck. Balth steps aside to avoid its grasping arms, but he can feel the coldness of its passing.

[sblock=Status]
I made a mistake last round - Shorrin only took 4 cold damage, not 5.

Shorrin misses with Tide of Iron. Yes, if that had worked you could have shoved him into the sled.

Zombie #1 slams Larissa, and misses, then shifts to K2.

Chillborn #2 charges to J9, and misses Balth with a Slam attack. Balth is now in its Chillborn Aura and will take 4 cold damage if he's still in it next turn.

Zombie #2 moves to M4 and slams Larissa with combat advantage, doing 5 damage.

Janus, your turn, plus get an opportunity attack against Zombie #2, and don't forget that Religion roll.

Balth (I9) - 27
Chillborn Zombie #1 (P15) - 24 - 5 damage
Shorrin (Q14) - 18 - 4 damage
Zombie #1 (K2) - 17
Chillborn Zombie #2 (J9) - 15 - 29 damage, bloodied
Zombie #2 (M4) - 15
Janus (L5) - 14 (12 when not near Larinza) << Your turn!
Zombie #3 (U16) - 12
Larinza (L3) - 9 - 5 damage
Murphy (P13) - 4
Zombie #4 (K19) - -1
[/sblock]

(Backup map)

Remove ads