• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mercenary Adventures of the B-Team (closed group)

trolled

First Post
I'm certain this Hatchet... thing... lost his marbles along with his hand. Perhaps we should do the charitable thing after all. I'll pull him out of the fire... so to speak.

Ches' eyes glow brighter than usual as she...

OOC: Standard: Cast Fountain of Flame centered on Hatchet.
Area Burst 1, enemies only. Miss half.
Move: D5.
Additionally, if Shoot (and only Shoot) attacks me, I use Infernal Wrath.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
I'm certain this Hatchet... thing... lost his marbles along with his hand. Perhaps we should do the charitable thing after all. I'll pull him out of the fire... so to speak.

Ches' eyes glow brighter than usual as she...

OOC: Standard: Cast Fountain of Flame centered on Hatchet.
Area Burst 1, enemies only. Miss half.
Move: D5.
Additionally, if Shoot (and only Shoot) attacks me, I use Infernal Wrath.

A veritible tower of flame roars skyward, surrounding Hatchet and all the orcs assailing him. The pungent smell assails your nostrils as hundreds of pounds of orc flesh are roasted alive, taking Whack's life (who collapses on the already fallen Crunch) and bloodying the rest.

Hatchet, professional that he his, covers his eyes, closes his mouth, and waits for the inferno to pass, which it does as fast as it came. He lifts his chin and his watery eyes oogle the tiefling.

"YOU, young lady, play my kinda game! Hoh-yeah! How I LOVE the smell of napalm in the morning!"

[sblock=Combat]
Encounter #1 -- 'atchet!

Initiative
Ches
Mal
Falkrunn
Hatchet
Orcs
Surgeon

PCs
Mal -- AC 18 / Fort 12 / Ref 16 / Will 11 -- 8/8 surges, 25/25 hp
Surgeon -- AC 16 / Fort 15 / Ref 14 / Will 13 -- 10/10 surges, 30/30 hp
Ches -- AC 14 / Fort 12 / Ref 14 / Will 13 -- 8/8 surges, 25/25 hp
Falkrunn -- AC 20 / Fort 16 / Ref 13 / Will 10 -- 13/13 surges, 33/33 hp

Enemies
Hatchet -- 57 dmg, +1 AC (resistive infusion)
Crunch -- 41 dmg, DEAD
Smash -- 17 dmg, bloodied
Bash -- 20 dmg, bloodied
Whack -- 40 dmg, DEAD
Smack -- 17 dmg, bloodied
Shoot --

Round 1 - Hatchet and the orcs go at it, Whack nearly dead and slowed

Round 2 - picks up at Falkrunn's turn

Falkrunn - MBA Whack, 7 dmg

Hatchet - dbl strike Whack, miss and hit, 12 dmg, Whack dead

Shoot - fires arrow at Hatchet, misses
Rest of the Orcs - 2 hit, 2 miss, 21 combined dmg to Hatchet

Surgeon - Resistive Infusion Hatchet, +1 AC, Aggravating Force on Crunch, hits for 12 dmg, next ally to hit Crunch gets +2 hit

Round 3

Ches - Fountain of Fire vs. remaining melee orcs, hit 3, miss Bash (half dmg), 17 fire dmg, kills Whack, prep infernal wrath vs. Shoot

Mal -

Falkrunn -

Hatchet -

[/sblock]

New Map

Up Next: Mal, Falkrun, Hatchet

trolled

First Post
OOC: Whoops. D5 should be D12.
My burst is a zone, lasting until end of encounter. Enemies entering or ending turns inside it take 5 fire. Maximum of once per turn.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
OOC: Whoops. D5 should be D12.
My burst is a zone, lasting until end of encounter. Enemies entering or ending turns inside it take 5 fire. Maximum of once per turn.

GM: map fixed

For reasons best left unknown, Ches makes her way over to the wagon's horse, sharing the square with it, whispering dark nothings into its ear...

whardell

Explorer
Doin' what the Toaster Ordered

"Go attack the Archer it says, protect my rusty butt it says... Since when do I take orders from the Toaster?"

Mal Pops Aspect of the Charging Cheese (RAM) (Which actually is just always up)

Mal Charges to A8

He brings his heavy black axe in a wicked arc down upon the archer. He follows through with his elven handaxe.

OOC: My Charge Attacks knock the target prone (assuming the aspect is up which it always is)

My secondary attack only procs on a hit, so it will always have ca (from the proneness)

Assuming the creature doesn't die from the First Hit, and that the second attack hits, I will use Surprise Strike to dazed the now proned orc.

***The following is said in Elven, don't read it unless you speak it***
[sblock]Gotta admit, the toaster had a good plan.[/sblock]

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
"Go attack the Archer it says, protect my rusty butt it says... Since when do I take orders from the Toaster?"

Mal Pops Aspect of the Charging Cheese (RAM) (Which actually is just always up)

Mal Charges to A8

He brings his heavy black axe in a wicked arc down upon the archer. He follows through with his elven handaxe.

OOC: My Charge Attacks knock the target prone (assuming the aspect is up which it always is)

My secondary attack only procs on a hit, so it will always have ca (from the proneness)

Assuming the creature doesn't die from the First Hit, and that the second attack hits, I will use Surprise Strike to dazed the now proned orc.

***The following is said in Elven, don't read it unless you speak it***
[sblock]Gotta admit, the toaster had a good plan.[/sblock]

Fingers light on the string...the tension on the bow steadies my arm...I can feel the tickle of the feather on my cheek...control the breathing now...steady...steady......

Not so much as hearing a branch rustle behind him, Shoot feels the arrow loose early from the weapon, but in an entirely uncontrolled manner. How? I was ready to fire... Huh - that's my bow on the ground. And my arm. Oh there's my other arm. Maybe I should just lie down with them and sleeep....sleeeeeeppppp.

Mal hacks and cleaves at the archer, taking him down in one fierce maneuver. It is glorious, and gruesome, but effective, to behold.

[sblock=Combat]
Encounter #1 -- 'atchet!

Initiative
Ches
Mal
Falkrunn
Hatchet
Orcs
Surgeon

PCs
Mal -- AC 18 / Fort 12 / Ref 16 / Will 11 -- 8/8 surges, 25/25 hp
Surgeon -- AC 16 / Fort 15 / Ref 14 / Will 13 -- 10/10 surges, 30/30 hp
Ches -- AC 14 / Fort 12 / Ref 14 / Will 13 -- 8/8 surges, 25/25 hp
Falkrunn -- AC 20 / Fort 16 / Ref 13 / Will 10 -- 13/13 surges, 33/33 hp

Enemies
Hatchet -- 57 dmg, +1 AC (resistive infusion)
Crunch -- 41 dmg, DEAD
Smash -- 17 dmg, bloodied
Bash -- 20 dmg, bloodied
Whack -- 40 dmg, DEAD
Smack -- 17 dmg, bloodied
Shoot -- 33 dmg, DEAD

Round 1 - Hatchet and the orcs go at it, Whack nearly dead and slowed

Round 2 - picks up at Falkrunn's turn

Falkrunn - MBA Whack, 7 dmg

Hatchet - dbl strike Whack, miss and hit, 12 dmg, Whack dead

Shoot - fires arrow at Hatchet, misses
Rest of the Orcs - 2 hit, 2 miss, 21 combined dmg to Hatchet

Surgeon - Resistive Infusion Hatchet, +1 AC, Aggravating Force on Crunch, hits for 12 dmg, next ally to hit Crunch gets +2 hit

Round 3

Ches - Fountain of Fire vs. remaining melee orcs, hit 3, miss Bash (half dmg), 17 fire dmg, kills Whack, prep infernal wrath vs. Shoot

Mal - hacks and hacks again at Shoot, killing him in one turn

Falkrunn -

Hatchet -

[/sblock]

New Map

Up next: Falkrun, Hatchet

Last edited:

Blutspitze

Explorer
OOC: I'm assuming that Mal's ambiguous use of 'Toaster' as a somewhat ambiguous term of endearment for one character present refers to Surgeon

That toaster has saved that bony thing you call a butt many a time, drow. For now let's give him the benefit of the doubt, yea? But lets first deal with these stupid orcs.

OOC: Move to I6
MBA against Smack, adding Power Attack (+1W) if it hits
Activate Defender's Aura and pre-roll Battle Guardian

OOC: Yay!!! Smack Explodes!!!!!

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Falkrunn dances around the side of Whack and takes him apart, opening the flaming orc up wide from neck to navel.

Hatchet follows up with his own 1-2 slice-and-dice, sending Bash off to join the faithfully departed in the orcish afterlife. Leaving just a bloody, burnt Smash.

"I geev it up!" he pleads in broken King's, "We wait for peoples here. Keep lawbodies out. We told easy job! Please, I take you to bossman? I say great story of killing, power! Yes? .... No?"

Stepping from the smouldering remains, Hatchet laughs. "Sure you lousy excuse for a gate guard. Sure, 'take us to your leader,' the great and powerful Stump, right?"

Smash's eyes go wide. "Stump! Yes! He finds food and gold and food... and food for us! And gold! Stump thinks...."

"Stump thinks?" Hatchet

"Yes."

"Thinks what?"

"Thinks what?" Smash queries in reply.

"What does Stump think??"

"Sometimes," comes the barely-intelligent answer.

Shaking his head to clear the growning ache between his temples, Hatchet turns to you. "Ok. Stop. Nevermind. Yes, let's go see Stump."

Turning to you, he continues, "Well, I've no beef with a street thug who otherwise could have been killed by a rabid dog. Irregardlessly, thanks for the help there. Only so many nicks and scratches a man can take before death of a thousand paper cuts overwhelms." He takes out a small vial from inside his cloak, pops the cork with his thumb, and knocks back the contents in two large gulps, tossing the glass into the brush. "Oh yeah, hits the spot. Not quite the kick of a decent barrel of Klemcha'a, but it'll have to do."

"You chums headed into town? Lookin' for work, no doubt. Me and Jeeves here," thumbing his partner's corpse on the ground, "were headed to see ol' Stumpy on a job of our own...looks like I'll be gettin' his share of the take." He reaches down to pull the leather backpack off Jeeves and slips it over his shoulder.

[sblock=FOR MAL'S EYES ONLY]
A small teddybear slips the remaining way out of the bag as Hatchet picks it up. It remains covered by most of the orc bodies in the way, its faux fur scorched in numerous places. Hatchet apparently didn't see it. [/sblock]

"Comon. Lemme buy you guys a drink..." And he starts off toward Bloomten on foot, prodding the sullen Smash ahead of him.

GM: Time for any intermittant banter you like. When it looks like you're done, you'll arrive in town.

Remove ads