• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mercenary Adventures of the B-Team (closed group)

Blutspitze

Explorer
OOC: Is Surgeon more mechanical or stone-golem looking? I've the traditional cyborg-looking imprint in my brain...correct me if I'm wrong.

Also - I need pictures of Surgeon, Mal, and Falkrunn. Big D - please also send me your CB file of Falkrunn.

Lastly - don't worry, I/we are totally enjoying the day. Today was the first pseudo-down-day... we got a thundershower come through, so spent some time inside playing games, and tonight my folks came over and spent a few hours hangin out. They just left and the kids are in the tub. Trust me, I'm not wasting any part of this trip - it's been a blast so far!

The imp and orcs still got pimp slapped by god.

Blutspitze

Explorer
I couldn't find an image for Falkruun that I really liked that worked just right so you'll have to use some imagination (i.e. axe, plate armor, shield.)

[sblock=Falkruun]
dwarf.gif
[/sblock]

That's most of the demeanor and size I want. Smaller than normal, but still really gruff.

Last edited:

Phesic

First Post
OOC: Is Surgeon more mechanical or stone-golem looking? I've the traditional cyborg-looking imprint in my brain...correct me if I'm wrong.

The pic in the character builder file will do or the one I sent you. whichever works for you.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
GM: In post #1, I'm inserting text write-ups of all your characters to be used when botting. Please check what I've written up and sanity check against your character sheets. For both Fran and Surgeon, I bought daggers; for Falkrunn I bought a hand axe - update your own characters. Surgeon needs a theme.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Just 30 minutes from Bloomten at this speed and not ten minutes after passing the overturned cart, your wagon comes to an abrupt halt. The liquored-up-suddenly-sober driver calls over his shoulder. "Had'rak up ahead it looks like, havin' some fun with another local I'll wager." Through holes in the sides of the wagon, you can see a group of orcs surrounding a single human male. His battle-ready posture sayss he's either well equipped to deal with the threat or simply unconcerned, and the orcs either don't seem to care or understand. Mal's outstanding vision picks out shadowed chainmail armour and a sword scabbard tucked underneath the man's cloak, neither of which has yet been spotted by the orcs. Of greatest interest, however, is the the man’s right hand, or, aptly, the lack thereof, and the handaxe-sized blade that has taken its place. This, too, is discretely hidden in the folds of the man's outerwear.

At the man's feet, a body lies sprawled, fresh blood still pumping from the arrow sticking out of his neck, the body making its final twitches as life ebbs away. "I won't be so easy pickins there, leatherface," he hollers, addressing one of the six further back in the trees, armed with a bow. "At least your five friends here have the common decency to meet their prey face-to-face. What'll it be, boys?" At that, the man's face becomes a wicked grin and he brings his axe-hand to bear.

"Oi, thar's a livin' legend if eva me eyes 'ave seen one!" the gnome, jumping to his feet, swears aloud. "I's got 10 coin that that's 'atchet!"

A fight is likely to begin not 20 feet from where you sit...whatcha gonna do?

[sblock=dont' forget knowledge checks]
Feel free to use skills often during the game. For example, your own streetwise or diplomacy abilities to generate more info from the other riders, or history to see what else your characters may know about Bloomten, the Had'rak, or Mr. 'atchet, for example. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Phesic

First Post
I see that some fleshies have the common sense to augment their bodies appropriately.
Turning to Mal.
Perhaps you should steal into the forest and root out this archer. I'd hate to see such an entertaining show be shortened with a well placed arrow
Turning back to Ches
I really hope this finishes quickly, I'm wondering if I can stitch together that poor sot on the ground.

I climb out of the wagon to get a better look.

Blutspitze

Explorer
Fal peers out the wagon looking at the man now surrounded. He then turns his head toward the gnome.

Sorry, my tiny friend, I don't think that anyone is going to disagree with you on who that is.

He gathers up his axes and prepares to jump out after Surgeon.

At the very least SOMEone has to make sure our medic doesn't go alone. And we'll have to negotiate payment from someone too. Whose got that?

larryfinnjr

First Post
Fal peers out the wagon looking at the man now surrounded. He then turns his head toward the gnome.

Sorry, my tiny friend, I don't think that anyone is going to disagree with you on who that is.

He gathers up his axes and prepares to jump out after Surgeon.

At the very least SOMEone has to make sure our medic doesn't go alone. And we'll have to negotiate payment from someone too. Whose got that?

Turning to Mal.
Perhaps you should steal into the forest and root out this archer. I'd hate to see such an entertaining show be shortened with a well placed arrow
Turning back to Ches
I really hope this finishes quickly, I'm wondering if I can stitch together that poor sot on the ground.
I climb out of the wagon to get a better look.

Not the first time for some of you, you're off the wagon, though this time it's not booze.

New Map

The orcs are circling, trying to goad the one-axed man into a misstep. "Enough dancing, ladies. Either take your best shot or see how fast you can run." Reaching beneath his cloak, with his one-and-only-free-hand, he deftly draws his shortsword from its scabbard, a yellow-green ooze dripping from its blade. "Who'd like a taste of the last fool that crossed me?"

[sblock=stuff]
- I was waiting for at least one additional post beyond phesic's to determine what the group would do. Once I have at least 2 people on the same sheet of music as to what to do next, I'll move things along.
- Unless things force itself upon you, you're not in combat, though the orcs and 'atchet may be shortly. If you want to jump in, feel free. Normally I'd roll initiative for everyone, but not this time.
- Only because Warren's on his trip, I moved Mal in the underbrush.
- If there are trees in the way (i.e., most of the map), it's difficult terrain. Use common sense.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads