• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mercenary Adventures of the B-Team (closed group)

Phesic

First Post
Surgeon will take a seat on the log around E-11 to watch, but will prepare his crossbow on his lap in case the orcs get it in their mind to attack us.

To no one in particular I say

An axe for a hand... That seems mighty useful. Note to self, research detachable hands.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Surgeon will take a seat on the log around E-11 to watch, but will prepare his crossbow on his lap in case the orcs get it in their mind to attack us.

To no one in particular I say

An axe for a hand... That seems mighty useful. Note to self, research detachable hands.

Stepping forward to take in the show, Surgeon swings his size 18 leg over the fallen tree and somehow appears to look comfortable as his friends move closer.

Not known for their patience, the orcs decide it's time to strike, with Whack leading the charge, much to his chagrin. The cloaked human spins to the side and deftly swipes at Whack's heel, slicing the tendons along the back of the leg. A frenzy ensues with all the sword-wielding orcs charging into the fray. Obviously allowing them to gather close and taking their wild slices in stride, a thunderclap suddenly peals across the area and you barely manage to see the whirling dervish that is Hatchet finish a full 360, taking swipes at and landing blows on 3 of the orcs, including the already lame Whack, leaving him within inches of his life.

Hatchet bends and cracks his neck loudly. "I see you brought the peanut gallery to watch," eyeing your group at the fallen tree. "Since my doorman is unable to collect the usual fee," he says, thumbing at the fresh corpse on the ground, "I suggest either you aid me or be on your way. HA!" and he resumes his fight with the Had'rak.

New Map

Blutspitze

Explorer
Fal grabs up his axe and cracks his neck, strolling up to G7.

Fine blade hand, Hatchet, whatever. But only if we get to take up that fee in his stead.

He raises his axe and brings it to bear upon Whack.

OOC: Basic attack on Whack
Activate Defender's Aura; working against Whack and Crunch, activates if either one attacks someone besides me or shifts/moves away
If the Battle Guardian attack (opportunity from Aura) misses, triggering enemy still takes 4

Let's do this, gentlemen!!

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Fal grabs up his axe and cracks his neck, strolling up to G7.

Fine blade hand, Hatchet, whatever. But only if we get to take up that fee in his stead.

He raises his axe and brings it to bear upon Whack.

OOC: Basic attack on Whack
Activate Defender's Aura; working against Whack and Crunch, activates if either one attacks someone besides me or shifts/moves away
If the Battle Guardian attack (opportunity from Aura) misses, triggering enemy still takes 4

Let's do this, gentlemen!!

GM: Defender's Aura doesn't function on marked creatures, which is the yellow cross on the 3 orcs struck by Hatchet.

Also - if he were your ally, you would have had flank with Hatchet - be sure to add "w/ CA" in either your roll or OOC area so I don't have to double check if you included it for the future.

Sure of himself and his dwarven axe, Falkrunn enters the fray. Though unable to work in a true combination with Hatchet and assist each other in combat, he buries his axe deep in Whack's back, nearly rending the entire shoulder from the body.

"Careful there, dwarf...try not to get any blood on the cloak, ok?"

"And what's this of a fee?! HA!"

And Hatchet does what he does best. While his axe-hand sails past Whack's head, his short sword makes short work of the rest of the orc, cleanly separating its head from its body, which for fun he hits like a bat and ball with his axe, landing the head in Bash's free hand.

"And then there were five...."

Up next - the orcs, then Surgeon, should he wish to act...

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Ohhh... see no one told me that. But now we know. Yay.

[sblock=DOH!] Well, it does say so in the description, and I typed it in your character's cheat sheet... :) Don't worry - I learned the hard way with my Cavalier, too. [/sblock]

GM: orcs will go in the morning - i'm whooped and headed to bed. :)

Last edited:

Blutspitze

Explorer
Well, it does say so in the description, and I typed it in your character's cheat sheet...

OOC: I do know that, I was referring to the yellow crosses indicating a marked enemy. That is what I did not know.

I hate to be picky, but you're the one who told us to s*&% or get off the figurative pot and help you. It is, after all, quite rare for help in this world to come for free.

Last edited:

Phesic

First Post
I will admit, I'm not eager to see you die

I cast Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

s I walk to g-10 and sit down again.

OOC: You channel the energy of your infusion into your target's armor, providing lasting protection.
Encounter (Special) ♦ Arcane
Minor Action
Close
burst 5
Target Hatchet
Effect The target gains a +1 power bonus to AC until the end of the encounter, and you expend an infusion crafted with your Healing Infusion class feature. The target can end the bonus as a free action to gain temporary hit points equal to its healing surge value + your Constitution modifier.

but battle is so messy.

OOC:
OOC:
OOC: Standard Action: Aggravating force on CRUNCH

1[W] + Intelligence modifier force damage, and the next ally to attack the target before the end of your next turn gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.

larryfinnjr

First Post
Paying no heed to his fallen comrade, Crunch moves into flank with Smash and the four of them try to cut Hatchet further down. Crunch and Bash manage to connect while an arrow whizzes by their collective heads from Shoot. Hatchet seems all the more emboldened and eggs them on.

Next up, Surgeon (already posted)...

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
I will admit, I'm not eager to see you die

I cast Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

s I walk to g-10 and sit down again.

OOC: You channel the energy of your infusion into your target's armor, providing lasting protection.
Encounter (Special) ♦ Arcane
Minor Action
Close burst 5
Target Hatchet
Effect The target gains a +1 power bonus to AC until the end of the encounter, and you expend an infusion crafted with your Healing Infusion class feature. The target can end the bonus as a free action to gain temporary hit points equal to its healing surge value + your Constitution modifier.

but battle is so messy.

OOC: Standard Action: Aggravating force on CRUNCH

1[W] + Intelligence modifier force damage, and the next ally to attack the target before the end of your next turn gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.

As the warforged's infusion finds its mark, Hatchet's already dark armor seems to gain substance, subtley becoming one with its wearer. Nearly simultaneously, a rush of air crosses the gap between Surgeon and the orcs as he makes his way across the trail. It whips up leaves and other debris and plants itself smack in Crunch's face, bloodying and disorenting him briefly, allowing others to make their strikes against him with ease.

[sblock=Combat]
Encounter #1 -- 'atchet!

Initiative
Ches
Mal
Falkrunn
Hatchet
Orcs
Surgeon

PCs
Mal -- AC 18 / Fort 12 / Ref 16 / Will 11 -- 8/8 surges, 25/25 hp
Surgeon -- AC 16 / Fort 15 / Ref 14 / Will 13 -- 10/10 surges, 30/30 hp
Ches -- AC 14 / Fort 12 / Ref 14 / Will 13 -- 8/8 surges, 25/25 hp
Falkrunn -- AC 20 / Fort 16 / Ref 13 / Will 10 -- 13/13 surges, 33/33 hp

Enemies
Hatchet -- 36 dmg, +1 AC (resistive infusion)
Crunch -- 24 dmg, bloodied, next ally to hit him is at +2
Smash --
Bash -- 12 dmg
Whack -- 40 dmg, DEAD
Smack --
Shoot --

Round 1 - Hatchet and the orcs go at it, Whack nearly dead and slowed

Round 2 - picks up at Falkrunn's turn

Falkrunn - MBA Whack, 7 dmg

Hatchet - dbl strike Whack, miss and hit, 12 dmg, Whack dead

Shoot - fires arrow at Hatchet, misses
Rest of the Orcs - 2 hit, 2 miss, 21 combined dmg to Hatchet

Surgeon - Resistive Infusion Hatchet, +1 AC, Aggravating Force on Crunch, hits for 12 dmg, next ally to hit Crunch gets +2 hit

Round 3

Ches -

Mal -

Falkrunn -

[/sblock]

New Map

Up next: Ches, Mal, and Falkrunn

Remove ads