Metal fans, come share in the love!

Gunslinger

First Post
Nyaricus said:
Sevendust gets a bit of airplay at Freq 107 here in Winnipeg (it's an alt. rock station), but I'll be sure and DL those songs and a couple by Ra too. If I like it, you may have just helped them pay the electricity bill :p ;) :D

Cool, let us know what you think. :D

Sevendust has 4-5 albums, although from what I hear their newest album ("Next") isn't all that great. Ra has two ablums out so far: "From One" and "Duality". I don't like "Duality" much, but their first album is great.

Nyaricus

First Post
Gunslinger said:
Cool, let us know what you think. :D

Sevendust has 4-5 albums, although from what I hear their newest album ("Next") isn't all that great. Ra has two ablums out so far: "From One" and "Duality". I don't like "Duality" much, but their first album is great.
For sure, I'll just ahve to see how hard they are to find :lol:

Thanks for the opinions :)

John Q. Mayhem said:
I also LOVE power metal! Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Stratovarius, etc.
I also am loving Power Metal, and introduced my players to it during a D&D game. I now have a ravid following of Rhapsody in my group and in my highschool :D

Children of Bodom, being a Melodic Black/Power Metal hybrid, is also really, really awesome. 'Follow the Reaper' is an amazing song, FYI.

Shadowbane2

First Post
gray stranger said:
and shadowbane2, does deep purple count as metal? :confused: that really surprises me, it seems more like, uhm, early rock :uhoh:

Metal is easily identified by two charictaristics:

1. Guitar Power Cords

2. Heavy emphasis on drums

Deep Purple was one of the first bands to feature both of these.

Just listen too the following albums:
Machine Head
Fireball
In Rock

Early Rock: Elvis, Beetles, Rolling Stones. Not Deep Purple.

Nyaricus said:
lol, so we both gree then that there wasnt anything worthwhile in the '80s, right?

:lol:

More or less. Early Metallica is good. I think Slayer might have been the 80s too. I guess what I meant was that good rock/metal isn't quite as consistant after "Moving Pictures" (1981)

Last edited:

rbingham2000

Explorer
My metal tastes run the gamut from classic (Black Sabbath, Ozzy, old-school Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden), 80s hair (Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison), 90s grunge (new Metallica, Nirvana, Offspring), and some of the turn-of-the-century stuff such as Disturbed, Rammstein (Du Hast and Feuer Frei are my favorites from that band), System of a Down and others.

My Internet experience has also introduced me to Power Metal, with such acts as Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Manowar and Dragonforce.

I'm a bit old school (born in 69 ) I grew up on AC / DC and got into GNR and the Crew. Some Skid Row also.

Recently I have been listening to a lot of Drowning pool. Got hooked into them through movie soundtracks and of all things- wrestling soundtracks. :\

Nyaricus

First Post
rbingham2000 said:
My metal tastes run the gamut from classic (Black Sabbath, Ozzy, old-school Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden), 80s hair (Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison), 90s grunge (new Metallica, Nirvana, Offspring), and some of the turn-of-the-century stuff such as Disturbed, Rammstein (Du Hast and Feuer Frei are my favorites from that band), System of a Down and others.

My Internet experience has also introduced me to Power Metal, with such acts as Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Manowar and Dragonforce.
I also love Rammstein :D Personally, my absolute favourites at: Mein Hertz Brent, Feuer Frei!, Moskau, Stein Um Stein, Rosenrot, Spring, Engel and Spiel Mit Mirr. I find their slower songs are some of their better ones, but I like all of their styles. So good all-around though :)

However, some really messed up lyrics (I'll let some of you more adventurous ones figure out the translations for Spiel Mit Mirr or Zwitter) :p

P.S. 'The Gods Made Heavy Metal' is the only Manowar song I like, but damned if it isn't awesome :D

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Weisses Fliesch is worse :confused: :eek: :uhoh:

And I'll pit "So What?" against any Rammstein for crazy vileness. But Rammstein's still darn vile.

EDIT: I love 'em anyways :p

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
mmmMMMMMmmmm....METAL! Its my favorite form of music, and comprises the bulk of my 4000+ CD collection.

In my collection I have the following metal/rock bands (not a comprehensive list, no particular order):

Godflesh, Black Sabbath, Testament, Metallica, Korn, Judas Priest, Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age, Iron Maiden, Sevendust, GnR, Helmet, Helloween, Cult, Living Colour, Tool, Whitesnake, Vandenburg, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Malmsteen, Satriani, Vai, Montrose, AC/DC, Motley Crue, Ratt, Helios Creed, Jane's Addiction, RHCP, Van Halen, Velvet Revolver, Rainbow, Slayer, Queen, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Course of Empire, KISS, Mother Love Bone, DIO, Megadeth, Metal Church, Faster Pussycat, Bang Tango, Dream Theater, Deep Purple, Rush, Vain, Bulletboys, Bodycount, Mordred, Queensryche, Rage Against the Machine, Alter Bridge, Audioslave, Zebra, Anthrax & King Diamond.

I could go on...but not before I also confess to loving Duran Duran. :)

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Faster Pussycat of 2-3 years ago is NOTHING compared to Faster Pussycat of 17 or so years ago.

Then, they were playing a festival show in San Antonio on the second stage, and motivated the crowd to get just rowdy enough to make the cops shut 'em down. (In all honesty, the cops overreacted, but still...)

Remove ads