• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metamagic help again

Arcanus

First Post
I know I asked this before and I am sorry to have to ask it again, but could someone tell where it is written that you could double or triple EXTEND spells or EMPOWER them?

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Multiple Metamagic Feats on a Spell: A spellcaster can use multiple metamagic feats on a single spell. Changes to its level are cumulative.

that's right out of the SRD. i think in the PH, it's in the beginning of the feats chapter, in the section that descibes metamagic feats

(PH page 78)

Last edited:

Destil

Explorer
While that text is in the Book, the examples are typcaly of Maximize + Empower. Not Extend + Extend or anything. Using the same feat more than once on a spell isn't covered within the core rules / SRD, so it's up to the DM. (I allow and love the ability, myself)

shilsen

Adventurer
Arcanus said:
I know I asked this before and I am sorry to have to ask it again, but could someone tell where it is written that you could double or triple EXTEND spells or EMPOWER them?

This is covered in the FAQ downloadable at the WotC site.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Destil said:
While that text is in the Book, the examples are typcaly of Maximize + Empower. Not Extend + Extend or anything. Using the same feat more than once on a spell isn't covered within the core rules / SRD, so it's up to the DM. (I allow and love the ability, myself)

I believe the PH has an example of double-Empower, actually.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Just remember that two doublings are a tripling, and so on. You subtract 1 from every multiplyer excet the first and add them all up. so

x2 x2 x2 = x(2 + (2-1) + (2-1)) = x(2 + 1 + 1) = x4.

In our special case, we have x1,5 x 1,5. This is x( 1,5 + (1,5 - 1)) = x2 !

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads