Metropolis (The Heart of the City) - Chapter Three

Fenris

Adventurer
"Well Ghost, I don't know of many good tailors in this neighborhood. But if you all want to make it out we may want to leave soon. You know before any of your "family" drops by." ribs the Jackal.

D20Dazza

Explorer
"You know Shieldtown looks more your style Jackal" the pale elf says "I've never been here before, I live in a different slum to this one" he says as he walks off down the street, hand in hand with Steph, looking for somewhere were the group can buy some clothing - at least something to get them into Greenhills so they can get some more appropriate attire.

OOC: figuring that in their current scum encrusted attire that they're likely to be kicked out of Greenhills by over exuberant gaurds so he wants to at least get something to get the mud and grime off before before venturing to the richer part of town.

jkason

First Post
"I'm turned around from the sewer trek, but if we're anywhere close to the Kanji or Red Lamp districts, I know a few places. Not sure how much time we have for the detour, though. You don't suppose Zimmerman could simply loan us some presentable clothing in exchange for returning his daughter?" The last Ru directs to Ghost.

Fenris

Adventurer
Phoenix
[sblock] Any local contacts around that would know where to send us for presentable clothes close by? (KN: Local +9) [/sblock]

Phoenix

First Post
Fenris said:
Phoenix
[sblock] Any local contacts around that would know where to send us for presentable clothes close by? (KN: Local +9) [/sblock]

Jovik:
[sblock]Knowledge - local (DC 12) +23 - Success

Within Shieldtown there are many people in the business of graverobbing, taking that which may be valuable and storing it until the proper occassion arises to sell the things to interested parties. One of these people, Jellice, operates from an old mosque near the border to Greenhills where she sells more ancient trinkets to the well-to-do of the city.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
jkason said:
"I'm turned around from the sewer trek, but if we're anywhere close to the Kanji or Red Lamp districts, I know a few places. Not sure how much time we have for the detour, though. You don't suppose Zimmerman could simply loan us some presentable clothing in exchange for returning his daughter?" The last Ru directs to Ghost.

"There is a place nearby that may serve us well enough. Saves the time of try to leave Shieldtown and then backtrack to Greenhills. If you head this way Ghost" says Jackal pointing in the opposite direction to which Ghost Hound is leading Stephanie.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Fenris:
[sblock]
Fenris said:
As Ba'aktar plods over and begins rummaging throught he halfling' rapidly cooling corpes, he comes up empty handed. Not a penny or bauble to be to found. He puzzles for a bit and then his eyes rest on the Jackal. He stands up and approaches the wirey young man. He approaches and spoke, "I had noticed the shiny sword on Hentre, but now it is not there. Do you know what has become of it?" crossing his bulging arms as he did so.

The young man stares the large half-orce striaght in the eye and says "Yes, I had offered it to Vulgrath, but he refused it. No one else seemed interested in it, are you?" and the young man produces the sword as if out of thin air and holds it out to the half-orc who turns it over admiring it's workmanship.

A lopsided smile came across the half-orc's face. The Jackal was a survivor, and Ba'aktar respected that. To survive in a hostile world was to have strength, a simple truth which may not have been at first obvious in the young man's wirey physique, but was soon learned in the Jackal's steely gaze. There weren't many who were willing to look Ba'aktar in the eye. In the end though this mercenary wanted payment for his services. He was willing however to let his colleague have the pick of the loot, he had earned it.

The big orc shrugged amiably, "No big interest in it exactly, just in something worth coin. The ring if you like the sword, or the sword if you like the ring. I ain't fussy."

After spending a few moments admiring the sword he hands it back to the Jackal.[/sblock]

"I can't wear my armour!?" Ba'aktar asks loudly, almost disgusted by the thought of wandering around Metropolis without his second skin, "You can't be serious..."

The half-orc grumbles and complains as they walk, "Next you'll tell me I have to wash off my warpaint, or cut my hair. Bah!"

Remove ads