• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Microlite] Star Wars

Nomad4life

First Post
(Cross-posted from RPGnet forums)

In the next few days, I'm going to post my Microlite20 Star Wars conversion.

Oddly, this is not a distilled version of any one existing published Star Wars game (although it would be awesome if someone else wanted to make one.) Rather, it is a re-texturing of regular M20 to make it more Star-Wars-ish. In other words, this is what a Star Wars RPG might have looked like if it had been published a little after Red Box D&D.

The goal was not to emulate the movies, but rather to simply provide Stormtroopers to shoot down over pretzels and beer without having to reference rules or do a lot of bookkeeping or prep.

I'll post the trimmed down edited version (minus all my rambling notes, etc) soon, but if anyone wanted to take a peek now and give me some feedback early, knock yourself out:

Microlite20 • View topic - M20 Star Wars

However, know that some things are out of order and a lot longer than the final version will be. Also, this text assumes you already know how M20 works. The final version will not make this assumption.

I still need to finish the starships and antagonists sections. However, as an M20 mod/hack, remember that every aspect is modular (so you can pick and choose whatever rules you need without affecting other parts of the game.)

NOTE: Oh, I should probably mention that I'm hardcore old-school. In other words, my idea of "game balance" is just "the more powerful someone is, the more unwanted attention they will draw to themselves." I'm well aware that the Jedi become game-crushingly powerful at higher levels. I consider this a feature rather than a bug. ;)

Remove ads