Microlite20 : the smallest thing in gaming

greywulf

First Post
Good point, well said, Bytor. I've been trying to work out how to re-word the front page so that it emphasises what Microlite20 is, without just repeating what's already in the sidebar.

Wording suggestions appreciated :)

EDIT: I've changed the wording a little. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Thank you for the mention and the "thank you." :)

This project has really come a long way, hasn't it? What do you say to the idea of cleaning all of it up and adding some slick tables and charts and whatnot, then putting out a free PDF compilation for GM's Day (March Fo(u)rth) in 2007? (Perhaps with handy folding instructions? :D )

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Cool. Okay. Well, everyone keep moving along with that goal in mind.

We'll likely need all of the text work done by the end of January, as well-edited as possible, so that layout and such can begin. Maybe start batting around some thematic ideas for artwork and borders and such.

In the end we'll do whatever we can for as little money as possible (since it'll be free) but I don't think the Cooperative Dungeons turned out so badly and those were built in the same fashion. Maybe download the newer Cooperative Dungeons from my site (if you don't have them) to get some ideas about the kind of work I generally do.

I've got access to a fair amount of artwork I can utilize that should be just fine for our purposes. But as I said, having some idea of what you'd like to see thematically, the feel of the whole project, will help guide the final choices.

We'll revisit this more seriously just after the New Year and get a better idea exactly where we are and what we'll need to do from there. Looking forward to it! :)

Land Outcast

Explorer
Wow... this has gone a long way since it's humble begginings...

Kudos to greywulf and all involved here, I've been following your progress closely :)

Catavarie

First Post
If your looking for ideas on how to improve Microlite20 webpage check out this article on web design. it is a great place to look for ideas on things to incorporate into your webpage to make it both more useable and friendlier to look at.

greywulf

First Post
Thanks, folks. Considering Microlite20 is just 900-ish words long in total, it's certainly generated a lot of traffic!

The whole idea behind the Microlite20 site is that it's a wiki, not some closed-designed system. It's open for anyone to change, mould, contribute and redefine in any way they want, provided it's all relating to improving and extending Microlite20.

In other words, instead of suggesting how to improve the site, roll up your sleeves and do it! It's a wiki philosophy thing :D

There's just two rules - the HomePage is locked, so's the StyleSheet. Oh, and no spammers. Ok, that's three rules, but still.........

So saying, if you want to suggest changes to the stylesheet, the Home Page (or anything else for that matter), please feel free to leave comments. Comments are good!

Thanks again everyone.

Mark, I don't think Microlite20 itself will make for a great download for CMG - it's just too short and tiny a system. Now, if we can come up with an entire setting, bestiary, rules and adventure(s) in (say) 16 pages of goodness..............

And lo, it shall be done :)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
greywulf said:
Mark, I don't think Microlite20 itself will make for a great download for CMG - it's just too short and tiny a system.

Therein lies the challenge. :D

greywulf said:
Now, if we can come up with an entire setting, bestiary, rules and adventure(s) in (say) 16 pages of goodness..............

And lo, it shall be done :)

Yup. Something like that in a downloadable bundle with instructions on how to fold each component/book so you have a mini-bundle that fits in your shirt pocket, along with the appropriate dice, of course. Maybe so that the little bundle of books fits tucked into a standard size pocket notepad that you can then put a band around to hold it all together. Maybe we'll add in some mini artwork and bits to liven it up a little differently than the standard downloads. We'll figure some neat new way to design it and lay it out for GM's Day so that it has a extra coolness factor to it. ;)

bytor4232

First Post
greywulf said:
Good point, well said, Bytor. I've been trying to work out how to re-word the front page so that it emphasises what Microlite20 is, without just repeating what's already in the sidebar.

Wording suggestions appreciated :)

EDIT: I've changed the wording a little. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

If it were me, and its simply a nit-pick and I appologize, but I would change the title to read:

Microlite20 and the Rules Macropedia

Only because if this is going to be the homepage for the core rules, it should be clear in the title that this is where you've landed.

Remove ads