Microlite20 : the smallest thing in gaming

kroh

First Post
I love how the Micro-Monster Manual has each entry fitting on one line. I bet all the guys who make a living writing stat boulders are jealous that you are fitting the entire thing on a pebble...

Regards,
Walt

I nominate you for the Micro-Lite American Government Rulebook next. If you can do this with D20 just think what you could accomplish with politics!?!

greywulf

First Post
kroh said:
I love how the Micro-Monster Manual has each entry fitting on one line. I bet all the guys who make a living writing stat boulders are jealous that you are fitting the entire thing on a pebble...

Heh. I'm a firm believer in Occam's Razor, me.

Draft Two of the Microlite20 Monster Manual is up , now with added Wyverns, Raptors, Animals, Insects and more!

Ok, so there's just an entry each for Small Animals and Small Insects, but there are Advancement Roolz too for When You Need a Bigger Critter.

Let me know what you think :)

Darrell

First Post
Hi, there!

I've been working on a spell list for Microlite20 since yesterday, and here it is.

2 pages, one for arcane spells and one for divine spells. I used 7 arcane spells and 6 divine spells per level, and tried to limit things to spells I thought would be highly manageable on the fly.

Let me know what y'all think.

Regards,
Darrell

Attachments

• Microlite20 Spell List.pdf
    62.6 KB · Views: 228

Darrell

First Post
Oh, and, uh...

Here's an adapted equipment list, too. Two pages again. My attachments are the same size as the rules page itself. Oh, well...

Again, let me know what you think.

Regards,
Darrell

Attachments

• Microlite20 Equipment List.pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 156

bytor4232

First Post
Dang. You guys realize we now have enough pdfs to run an entire game without any books from WOTC.

It just amazes me that everything here is free. Great job everyone.

greywulf

First Post
I've been and gone and made Microlite20 both smaller, and bigger, all at the same time. Let me explain.

Yesterday I was looking at Microlite20 and realize that I'm wasting a whole one-and-a-half pages! Holy Carp! I've duplicated the Monster rules in both the core and Monster pdfs, and there's the d20 license repeated in both too. I can fix that in one fell sweep by putting the Monsters *in* the core rules! Wow!

It's done, and I've a page-and-a-half to play with.

So I add in the spell lists.

Yes folks, spell lists are in! You heard it here first. I've picked out what I reckon to be the most useful and iconic spells from the arcane and divine spell lists from levels 0-3, and dropped them into the pdf.

I've also juggled the layout around so all the rules (unless you're a magic-user) are on just one page, so it makes a handy-dandy single-sheet handout for your players covering character generation, combat and level advancement. Print this out back-to-back and you'll have all that, magic rules and the cleric spell list on a single sheet of paper. On the second sheet will be the Mage spell list, plus Monsters. How cool is that?

So technically it's still just two pages (no one prints out the d20 license, right?), but with loads of extra goodness thrown in.

The core rules fit on one page, so it's smaller. But there's Spells and Monsters too, so it's bigger. See?

I need to prettificate the layout a lot, but I'm going to do that last of all.

Download the latest version here . Enjoy.

On a (slightly) unrelated note, we were playtesting high-level combat with Microlite20 last night, and came to the conclusion that Hit Points = STR stat+Level is just too stingy. We've changed it to:

Hit Points = STR stat + 1d6/Level

What think you?

And Darrell - what can I say? Wow! I'll take a look at what you've done and see if I can incorporate equipment, your sheet and any spells I've missed into the next version. Thanks! :)

greywulf

First Post
Darrell: hot darn. Your spell list is better than mine :) If you can add in durations to the .pdf, I'll pull mine and add yours instead.

I could include GM stuff (rules for falling damage, travel distance, poison and a random dungeon generator, maybe) too.

I've uploaded your equipment list to http://home.greywulf.net/m20 and I'll put the character sheet too if you can make the change so Hit Points = STR stat + 1d6/Level. Blame me for that change :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Remove ads