Microsoft Surface. Wow!

I've met a few folks who have developed for it during the Surface era. There were suitably impressed. The instances of use seemed to be info kiosks and such at places like Disney or Exxon. Expensive. Flashy.

Seems the (game) table at home isn't in the stars right now. :(

Also noticing from the Pixel Sense link, they reference a Samsung SUR40. Clearly Samsung made the hardware before getting the memo that MS wanted to rename it.
That's what I thought, too.

It's a bit of a shame. I think Surface fit the name of it very well. It's not like you put something on your (computer) tablet... But I guess the name had some marketing appeal?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Well, it's nice to see that the old 'Surface' table technology hasn't just been quietly dropped as I had feared. On the other hand, even though I've been interested in it for years, I'd not heard of the Pixel Sense (silly name!) so it isn't as if Microsoft are actually promoting it or anything.

Which is a bit of a shame, as it has the potential to be a game-changer technology, while their surface tablet is just a me-too development.

Cheers

darjr

I crit!
I so wish they had concentrated on this for the living room instead of surface. How much of a splash would they have made. Instead now I suspect that Apple TV might be something like it and, if true, Microsoft will be beaten to market again with something they very easily could have done first, really had first.

Remove ads