Microsoft Surface. Wow!

D.Shaffer

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Other than for a game table, nah. More likely for business/office purpose, replacing or retrofitting conference tables to accomodate this technology; or in studios (still photography or filmmaking). If the technology is rugged enough, it could also serve as a military strategic command application.
If it doesnt have to be a table, that opens up more applications too. No more needing a mouse to move stuff on your monitor, it'd be a more intuitive GUI. I dont see anyone doing away with keyboards anytime soon, though. As is, I type faster then I write and it doesnt cramp up my hand like handwriting tends to do.

Make it a portable device and it'd make a great portable console, imagine a DS the size of a laptop.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I will have to look at some old threads but not all that long ago there was a video of an intelligent whiteboard, where you would draw on it and it would animate and apply physics to your diagram. Add that to this.

found it: http://media.skoopy.com/misc/whiteboard/

NOTE - the internal link on the page showing this vedio is not worker save...so don't click it as it is spam!

Last edited:

I've just heard about Microsofts new o/s platform "Surface". They've been working on it in secret for five years, apparently, and it is due to be launched with T-Mobile and Caesars Palace by the end of 2007, or so The Register says.

Take a look

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/

It's going to be a while before it is consumer level technology, but... me wantee! :D

Cheers

team_fortress_2____shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_tadeu_costa-d6er3bg.jpg

Janx

Hero
Yup. The Surface tablet/notebooks are neat, but they are not even remotely as cool as the Surface table. Apparantly that's now called PixelSense?

I've met a few folks who have developed for it during the Surface era. There were suitably impressed. The instances of use seemed to be info kiosks and such at places like Disney or Exxon. Expensive. Flashy.

Also noticing from the Pixel Sense link, they reference a Samsung SUR40. Clearly Samsung made the hardware before getting the memo that MS wanted to rename it.

Remove ads