• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Midnight: A Glimmer of Hope

G

Guest 11456

The man leads you into town. The place seems deserted. Perhaps there is some type of curfew. As Regan speaks, the man replies.

"Don't believe everything you hear about orcs."

As you continue to move through the town he continues.

"The orcs here are lazy as orcs go. There job here is only to keep the peace. They do not have enough of a presence to make much of a difference. But we do not dare rise against them for fear of retribution from the Shadow. Therefore we just use them against themselves."

As you arrive at the building that Tak, Tozin, and Regan recognize as Gerald's shop, he opens the door and ushers you inside. Kuk has a little trouble getting in but makes it all the same. He then takes you to a back room that has pallets for sleeping on.

"Here is where you will stay for your visit here. You must not venture out except at night or when I am with you. I will do what I can to make your stay as comfortable as possibly. Now let's see what equipment you have there my big friend."

He says this last bit as he turns to Kuk.

Kuk unloads most of the equipment from the battle. He had been carrying it all this way.

Vardeman

First Post
Qaridas settles in on one of the pallets and looks up at Gerald questioningly, [Erenlander Pidgin]"What we do here?"[/Erenlander Pidgin]

V

maddmic

Explorer
Regan looks around and nods at the question posed by Qaridas. "Yeah, we really don't know what we're doing here. Just that we were told to come here and seek you out."

G

Guest 11456

As Gerald looks through the equipment he replies to your inquiry.

"For the time being, just stay here out of sight. I will do what I can to better equip you for any task 'The Watcher' has for you."

Indicating the equipment.

"This will make for good trade. If you need anything, let me know. The legate will return in a few days from his patrol. I have a good working relationship with him. It helps hide the fact that I am actually working against him. Are there any other questions? What do you need in the way of equipment. Please do not tell me what mission you are on for 'The Watcher'. The less I know the better."

Vardeman

First Post
[Erenlander pidgin]"I not say for other. I say for Qaridas. Qaridas need food for Qaridas and food for Pouncer."[/Erenlander pidgin]

V

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Gerald turns to the elf.

"I will provide food for you all. What is a pouncer?"

The man ponders this last question.

Vardeman

First Post
Qaridas cocks his head to the side, perhaps a mite confused by the question...[Erenlander pidgin]"Pouncer is Pouncer. He wait outside village."[/Erenlander pidgin]

V

G

Guest 11456

Still not sure about this 'pouncer', Gerald replies.

"I hope that i can make your stay here as comfortable as possible."

OOG: Please post what equipment, if any, you want. No magic stuff, sorry.

Remove ads