• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Midnight: A Glimmer of Hope

Vardeman

First Post
Qaridas nods in understanding and gestures at the other elves and the dworg. [Erenlander pidgin]"We stay. Hide. You human go find Ger'ald. Make sound of eagle when come if all good. Make sound of wild pig if not."[/Erenlander pidgin] When the humans head into town, he will search for a suitable hidden waiting spot and work on hiding the signs of the group's passage.

V

G

Guest 11456

Tak, Tozin, and Regan prepare to enter the town. Tashki, Qaridas, Therion, Kuk and the tiger find a good hidding spot and wait.

Tak, Tozin, & Regan:
Upon first entering the town you think that there is no cause for alarm by the others. But then the presence of several orcs changes that feeling very quickly. After a bit of asking around you find that currently the town has one legate and 12 orcs residing in it to 'keep the order'. It is quite clear that had the others entered there would have most definately been trouble. Although the town has several blacksmiths, it is an easy task to find the one you seek. It seems to be the most prosperous. As you enter the shop that is Gerald's you see an interesting site. A very muscular man is speaking with a man dressed in black flanked by three orcs. The two men are concluding a business transaction. The man in black is speaking. "Well Gerald! I expect the items to be ready in 10 days. I will send someone to collect them then. Good day to you. The Shadow appreciates your diligence."

Tashki, Qaridas, Therion, & Kuk:
You find a good spot to rest and wait for the others to return. Qaridas is able to cover the signs of your passage. The hiding spot provides plenty of cover and a good vantage point as well. By getting Kuk to lay down you are able to cover him up well enough as well.

maddmic

Explorer
Regan waits for the man and his group to leave. He then aproaches the smith. [Trader's Tongue]"Gerald? A friend has sent us."[/Trader's Tongue] With that, he produces the talisman to show the man.

G

Guest 11456

Tak, Tozin, & Regan:
You see a confused look on the man's face until he spots the talisman. He then nods places his right index finger to his lips and speaks. "Ah yes! Our friend has told me of your arrival. I presume the others are yet to arrive. Perhaps once they arrive we can talk business."

Then he moves to the door and looks outside. After a moment he returns to you and gathers you all close. He then whispers. "I am pleased to see you. The Watcher has told me of your arrival. Since there are three instead of seven, I assume that the others would draw too much attention. Wait here a moment." He goes into a backroom and returns with a large sack. He continues whispering to you. "Here my friends. Here is some food and drink to help sustain you until tonight. I will meet you at the south side of town just after sundown." He looks at each of you. "Are there any questions before you leave?" He waits for your response.

It has been a while since the others left. From your vantage point you spot two orcs with a young human boy. The boy leads the orcs to the spot where you and the others were before you found your hiding spot. The boy points at several things while gesturing. Then the orcs nod and the boy moves away while the orcs begin searching the area.

Vardeman

First Post
Tailspinner said:
It has been a while since the others left. From your vantage point you spot two orcs with a young human boy. The boy leads the orcs to the spot where you and the others were before you found your hiding spot. The boy points at several things while gesturing. Then the orcs nod and the boy moves away while the orcs begin searching the area.
Qaridas scritches Pouncer between his ears as he watches the searching orcs from his hiding place. As he carefully and slowly strings his bow, he will pass a quiet signal to the rest of the hiding party members. If the orcs seem to find some trace of the party's passing, he will take careful aim at the larger of the two orcs (if there is one). At the point where the party's discovery seems imminent, or when the orcs get within 30 ft, whichever comes first, he will let fly with an arrow and order Pouncer to attack. If the orcs leave without finding anything, he will let them go.

V

Jaik

First Post
Tozin empties the sack and quickly divides the supplies between himself, Tak, and Regan so they won't draw attention by carrying a big bag out of town. "I suggest we split up and try to sneak out of town. A group of strangers arriving could draw too much attention."

Following the lead of Qaridas, Therion also readies his bow and prepares to fire at the orc that Qaridas is not aiming at. He will only fire if they are discovered or if the orcs get too close for comfort.

maddmic

Explorer
Regan picks up the supplies. "There will be no sneaking for me. I'm a bit too big and uncoordinated for that. I'll be leaving by the main road in the open. That'll give you guys a chance to sneak out." He then nods to the smith as well as the group and walks out the door. He heads down the main road back in the direction of the rest of the group.

G

Guest 11456

Tak, Tozin, & Regan:
Having nothing further to discuss with the man, you each grab your share of the supplies and make your way back toward the others by way of three different routes.

You watch as the orcs search the area where you were. After a while they seem to get discouraged and leave.

Everyone:
Regan is the first one to return, followed by Tak and finally Tozin is the last.

Remove ads