Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow. Book 1, The Awakening. Chapter 1, The Charge

elapse

First Post
Leave of Absence

[SBLOCK]
Gentlemen,

When it rains it storms. On monday my wife's great-grandmother passed away, a cousin commited suicide, and another cousin had a stroke and is now being hospitalized. I will be leaving tomorrow to take her to the wake/funeral in Chicago for her ggm. I do not anticipate being able to get to a computer until Sunday.

That being said, please feel free to NPC Reznik. I don't want to get left behind as I really enjoy this story and the group we have playing in it.

Take care and I'll take to you all later.

Dave
[/SBLOCK]

Hrothgar

First Post
The Heroes of Caft plunge into the dark forest, the sounds of pursuit behind. The orcs take little care in hiding their passage, smashing through the underbrush in hope of forcing their quarry into blind, frenzied flight. Orc horns blare in the night, signaling the location of orc search parties. The horns keep them organized, but also helps the Heroes keep their distance.

Starhl takes the lead, this dark foest has been his home for a long time. Close by is Reznik, slipping in and out of the shadows. Following, Valurel carries Melin. Melin's eyes close and she sleeps before even leaving the light of her cottage. Behind, Aislinn grasps Kaela's hand in a fierce grip, her head down, concentrating on following without falling on stones or exposed roots. Alongside, Brian hustles along, his eyes searching the shadows for pursuit. The orcs are close and the forest extends almost two miles eastward.

OOC: Let me know what direction the group plans on going - eastward or southward and I can carry the adventure forward.

Dave, stay strong. Prayers to you.

"Agreed. Girl said safe on east side of woods. Should go there," Valurel says as he hurries along as fast as his burden will allow. He refuses to put Melin down, not willing to abandon her to such a cruel fate, regardless of how bad off she might already be. He dares to hope that Aislinn is right and that help or at least safety can be found to the east.

Bobitron

Explorer
Kaela's expression is blank at this point and her cheeks are dry. Rushing through the forest as fast as she can, she struggles to keep up with the strong men. Even brave Valurel with his load is faster.

A thought strikes Kaela. "Aislinn. When you touched Starhl, it took away part of his pain, made the wounds bearable. Can you do the same for your mother?" The words are laboured as the run, but Aislinn's close proximity should make them audible.

Ranger Rick

First Post
Brian follows the group stopping and leaning on a tree. He listens for back pursuit but hears nothing close, he keeps running up to the group. His wound is stinging as the sweat mingles with the blood. Brian is breathing heavy as his endurance is slowly being sapped by the stress of the retreat.

OOC: I have only 1 hp. If anyone has any healing I would love one.

Hrothgar

First Post
Aislinn slows. Yes...Yes! I can! Her voice is tired and strained, but inspired at the same time. But first...where is the Outlander Brian? She reaches forward, her outstretched hands contacting Brian's wounds. Instantly, Brian is infused with a warmth, a comforting warmth that spreads throughout his entire body, knitting torn flesh. (Brian is healed of 7 points of damage)

Aislinn steps back and slumps slightly. Her efforts have obviously drained her, but her dead eyes look around blankly. Mother? I'm here. Her hands rest on Melin's arms, Aislinn's mother still in Valurel's strong grasp. Instantly Melin's eyes open, in shock and in pain. Melin begins to shiver uncontrollably. Aislinn? Daughter...I'm so cold...so cold... Melin embraces her daughter - and sinks her teeth into Aislinn's shoulder. Blood flows around Melin's mouth and down Aislinn's arms. Aislinn shrieks in terror and pain. Melin was rescued from Lorne. Unfortunately, Melin was already dead.

In the forest, orcs raise shouts, horns blat, and large armored bodies crash through the forest in the direction of the heroes. Their quarry is near and they are not going to let it escape.

Remove ads