Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow. Book 1, The Awakening. Chapter 2, Flight

Krug

Newshound
Starhl will kill the downed rider if no one stops him. He then turns to the wolf and bows to it. "Fought well you did! Join us!"

Hrothgar

First Post
OOC: I am waiting for a few more replies from players detailing their actions after combat and their reactions to the new arrival.

elapse

First Post
The Battle Continues

Reznik
Aisilinn was crying, fallax was screaming, he couldn't see Kaela or Morn, and Valurel lay in a pool of blood. Reznik slowly moved to the body of his dying companion, never turning his back to the giant that rushed from the wood to slaughter the goblins and worgs. Reznik could only hope that the giants axe no longer thirsted for blood, for the days battles and running was starting to wear the small group down. Still, better a strong front than to come off as weak.

Reznik points his sword at the giant, "Are you friend or foe?"

Micar Sin

First Post
Morn heaved himself up form the ground, blood drooling from between his clenched teeth."considering that he likely saved me form that damned dog, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Whats your name giant?" Morn wiped his blade in the worgs fur before sheathing it, leaning heavily on the body for support.

maddmic

Explorer
Herger lets the head of his axe thud the ground. He looks at Fallax. "Old man, I assure that I am no minion of the Shadow." He then looks at the girl crying out in his native tongue. With a confused look on his face he answers Reznik and Morn's questions. "Had I been a foe, I would not have rushed to your aid. I am unsure to call myself your friend as things in this land tend to be a bit difficult to understand. I do however know that your travelling companion lays, not moving. If he is your friend, it might be best to tend to his wounds. As for my name, I am called Herger."

He nods towards the old man cowering in fear on the ground. "Who is it you run from? Who would send these beasts to find you? And why do you run?"

OOC:
Knowledge Shadow to see if Herger can get the same feeling as Fallax about these Wargs. Meaning, are they truely scouts? Are there any distinguishing markings on this band that he might know?

Hrothgar

First Post
Crawling in the damp grass, Kaela assists Aislinn to Valurel. Her hands glowing with an almost imperceptible green luminescence, Aislinn closes her eyes and grasps the Erunsil by his shoulders. Instantly the blood stops flowing and the horrible wounds on Valurel's arm and chest begin to knit. Slowly Valurel opens his eyes, his first view that of the young Dorn woman staring blankly into his own with her dead, white eyes. OOC: Valurel heals 13 points of damage.

On the hillside, the female wolf stands up at Starhl's words and paces back and forth panting slightly, her keen gaze not leaving the big woodsman. Sitting back down on her haunches near her dead pups, she continues to survey the group, unwilling to let anyone come near her, Starhl included.

Fallax continues to stare up at the giant-man, eyeing him with suspicion. With no obvious attack coming, Fallax seems to regain some of his bravado back. Your size is not natural. Whether for good or ill, you will be a lightning rod for the Shadow. Our doom you may be. He adds with a snarl.

Herger inspects the dead goblins and worgs. No distinguishing marks can be found on the Heroes dead foes, although Herger knows that worgs are often employed by the Shadow's forces to track down escaped slaves. And on the open plains of the north, escape was a false hope.

Krug

Newshound
Starh crouches down. "Come wolf. You have to give them up. They are lost; gone to the Wolf mother now," the barbarian says. He tucks away his sword, the blood rage leaving his slightly exhausted.

elapse

First Post
I was wrong.

Reznik
He watched as Aislinn healed Valurel and listened to the giant as he spoke. When Herger finsihed speaking and Fallax responded, Reznik spoke, "The giants size will matter not. The minions of the shadow have already demonstrated great cabability in being able to find us." With that Reznik looked to Herger, "You are welcome here, giant. I had intended to bring this group to Highwall, but it seems as if every attempt is thwarted. The only other place I know is Port Esben, and that path looks bleak as well. What other options do we have?" The last part he directed to all of his companions.

Reznik made his way to Kaela and Aislinn, extending his hand to help the women stand after having tended to Valurel, "I trust the feral one will live, but will he be able to travel on his own?"

Hrothgar

First Post
Kaela looks at up at Reznik and nods. Valurel will be able to travel, Aislinn's amazing powers having restored his strength and vitality.

The female wolf hangs her head, her gray eyes still fixed on Starhl. Whether or not she truly understands Starhl's growls and rumblings, she makes no hint. But a strange intelligence hides behind her eyes, a pained understanding that Starhl can understand.

Fallax sneers. Well, the longer we stay, the more we risk capture. I say we continue back on our path now. Worgs can follow a scent for days and I doubt this was the only scouting party looking for us.

Remove ads