Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow. Book 1, The Awakening. Chapter 3, Baden's Bluff

Krug

Newshound
"A seed planted in the ground will one day become a tree, imprevious to blows of axe. A cub cannot hope to take on a deer; it requires time to nurture. In our impatience, we may not allow the girl to develop. And our last hope to perish." says Starhl coolly. After hearing Lodric's words, Starhl nods. "To Erethor then." the barbarian growls.

Bobitron

Explorer
Kaela watches Starhl speak with suprising eloquence, smiling at his wise words. "We may have differing opinions of how to deal with the situation, but one thing is true; we all mean to fight the Shadow in our own way. Aislinn must reach Erethor. Who would go with us? Stand forward and state your case. It will be up to us to decide who will represent your groups in our party, and that is final."

Hrothgar

First Post
Elaural smiles, laying her hand gently on Starhl's shoulder. Murdoch also smiles fiercely. Aye. The Northman's words ring true. If you would join this venture, step forward and state your case as Kaela demaned.

The Dorn woman steps forward, her head held high. Beautiful in a rugged sense, her tall frame marks her as a Dorn. I am Brunhild, daughter of Egil. Long have I ridden the northern plains splintering spear against the Shadow's minions. I am now a representative of the Dorns here in Baden's Bluff, working to funnel refugees out of the north and weapons and warriors into the cold lands to defend my people and my land. I have no love for the elves, hidden in their protective forest while my people are laid bare in a stark unforgiving land. My loyalty is to my people. My honor is my life. My hatred for the Shadow is unmeasurable. If this girl can help my people and she must journey to Erethor, I will give my life to make sure she makes the journey.

The Erenlander steps forward, his eyes glaring at his Dorn rival before turning to face the Heroes. Not as tall as the Dorn, his shoulders are broad and his chest deep. I am Rowan of Baden's Bluff. Murdoch could speak well to my sacrifices in the war against the Shadow. Long have I seen this great city crushed under the heel of the Shadow's legates, using its populace for their own playthings. If this girl can help break the Shadow's hold on our beloved city, I will help in any way I can. We have the same goal: to see the Shadow overthrown.

Murdoch nods and looks at Kaela and the other Heroes. What do you say? Both are fine warriors and I can attest to their hatred of the Shadow. Trustworthy? I would say so, but with this girl...who can be trusted? Murdoch pauses. I say we make our decisions quickly and move to get the girl out of the city. What say you, Elaural?

Elaural's response is quick. We meet on the waterfront at midnight, on the Worm Docks at the old fishery. My advice is to get her out of the city tonight.

Murdoch looks at the Heroes, his one eyebrow raised. What say you to these plans?

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Starhl stands forward. "I am Starhl. What is past is history. And I despise the Shadow as much as all of you." His hands wander to his sword, clasping it briefly.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I welcome your company, Brunhild and Rowan. I hope as we journey that you will come to feel some of what each of us feels when it comes to this special girl and so realize that she may be much more than a weapon to use against the shadow in one land or another.

Bobitron

Explorer
Kaela nods at Lodric's words. "She is our Hope and our burden; our beloved and our responsibility. I too hope you will grow to see her in the same manner." She smiles as she looks down at Aislinn.

"Brunhild and Rowan, welcome to our company. We accept your offer."

maddmic

Explorer
"I too welcome you both into our company. I must request though that we all remember what the goal is. We have had issues in the past with some of our group who see it there place to cause tension and blur the sight of our common purpose." With that, Herger makes it a point to throw a glance at Fallax.

"I agree that we must move quickly and quietly out of this place. Any thoughts as to how to keep a person of my size unnoticed?"

"You may join our group but trust must be earned...and I will be watching." Valurel says simply, a hard scowl on his face. "Let us make plans to be away from this place as soon as possible. We have a long journey ahead."

Hrothgar

First Post
Brunhild and Rowan nod solemnly at the Heroes welcome...and warning. Meanwhile, Fallax scowls at the new additions to the group, and his scowl only deepens with Herger's knowing look.

Murdoch speaks. We can dispense with the pleasantries. We need to move. I will lead Aislinn's protectors back to our safehouse on the Worm Docks. With Elaural's suggestion, we will meet at midnight at the old fish salting house and move Aislinn south and out of Baden's Bluff. We have contacts in Elsweir that can provide us with equipment. Then let us take the time to decide our best path of travel to Erethor while Theiv's rogues search the city for Aislinn. Any suggestions?

OOC: OOC: Is there anything the Heroes would like to add? Otherwise I will assume this encounter is complete, move the story ahead , and begin the travel back to the safehouse.

Remove ads