Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow. Book 1, The Awakening. Chapter 3, Baden's Bluff

maddmic

Explorer
Herger stands frozen and unsure of what to do. He had been somewhat out of his element on the water and again traversing the stone quary. And now, even in Badens Bluff, he is still very uncomfortable. The woman as pretty, but he did not know how to act. Kaelas warmth and kindness were very strange to him. Even with all of this though, something just felt odd. He hoped that none of the group would give up their mission as he felt that this woman might not be able to be trusted. However, he had no reason to trust his own intuition as it was normally wrong.

Still standing stiff with the woman next to him and uncomfortably close, he tries to size her up looking for any potential weapons or warning devices she might have. Deciding to play dumb, he places his hand on her head and politely asks. "I look for work. Need to eat and good with lifting heavy things. Can you help me find somebody to give me work."

He hopes that Kaela is able to figure this woman out as he has little ability in doing so himself.

Krug

Newshound
"My name is Starhl," the barbarian growls, doubtful if the companionship or pleasure of this lass is what he would be after, but she certainly is... attractive. Starhl dismissed the thoughts from his mind.

Valurel continues to watch the exchange of words with the woman from his hiding place in the shadows of the alley. Feeling totally out of his element, he is content to watch quietly and allow his companions to deal with the situation.

Bobitron

Explorer
Kalea steps forward, a bolder expression on her face than her thoughts would reveal. "Our business is our own, woman, unless there is something that ties us together you might be aware of." She moves to within a step of the brazen, tall woman, making it known that if conversation is to be had, it should be with her.

Hrothgar

First Post
A disappointed look on her face, the woman removes Herger's hand from her dark hair with a frown. Thank you, Northman, but I am not a dog for petting. Looking back at Starhl, the woman smiles. Starhl. Another strong Northman. My name is Jodya. She nods slowly with a small smile curling her lips. I like a man that disdains secrets. I hope we can spend more time together. Seductively, one finger pulls on her lower lip. Only the sound of the Wolf crunching on a rotten fish brings Starhl back to reality.

Her eyes lingering on Starhl as long as possible, Jodya turns to Kaela. Her fine figure sighs audibly. I obviously did not underestimate you, I see. The glue that holds this ragged group together, I would bet. Alright, keep your secrets. I know who you seek and who sent you. She turns to Lodric. Don't lose that shell, else those who you seek might even kill to keep their secrets. Her gaze drifts to Valurel in the shadows. Some of you face a fate worse than death if found. And it will be hard to disguise you. We must move now, while darkness covers our travels. She glares at Kaela. Follow me, you will not get a second chance. With a smile at Starhl, the lithe woman strides angrily into the darkness of the alley, the Wolf whining and scurrying out of her way.

Bobitron

Explorer
"Thank you, Jodya." She rushes forward to keep up with the woman's fast stride. "Know that I did not mean offense. I... we... are weary from the journey here and still wet from our excursion below the pier." Kaela looks to Jodya's face as they walk.

ooc: Not sure if you want a Diplomacy roll?

Krug

Newshound
Starhl turns away from her gaze, try to curb any blushing, and leans down to Wolf so that his companions would not see. He rubs the head of the canine. "Aye a fine meal for you uh?"

Hrothgar

First Post
Bobitron said:
"Thank you, Jodya." She rushes forward to keep up with the woman's fast stride. "Know that I did not mean offense. I... we... are weary from the journey here and still wet from our excursion below the pier." Kaela looks to Jodya's face as they walk.

ooc: Not sure if you want a Diplomacy roll?

OOC: Uh-oh! Don't have Kaela go soft now! She was kickin/ some booty! With Kaela's outstanding Sense Motive modifier, she can ascertain Jodya is extremely jealous of Kaela's situation: surrounded by four capable, strong male warriors. And Kaela doesn't appear to want to share, at least to Jodya. BTW, for everyone, I have been consulting your character sheets for skills. If anything comes up, like with Bobbitron, just post the skill and modifier if you think I need it. It certainly saves me some time.

Kaela stiffens slightly, cursing her momentary weakness as she hears Fallax scoff lightly behind her. Looking up at the Giant, Fallax says nothing more, but stalks closer to Kaela. Next to Starhl, the Wolf looks up with understanding in her eyes, but no other emotion visible, content only to be next to her chosen companion as she pads along silently.

Compassion, too? Why, aren't you just the sweet country girl! Jodya's whisper is laced with sarcasm. I don't need anyone's sympathy!, she hisses. However, Jodya does not meet Kaela's inquiring gaze.

The mysterious woman leads the heroes through a labyrinth of alleyways, at times crawling through noxious circular stone culverts, in an effort to avoid the larger, lighted streets. When passing near lighted areas, the Heroes note that Jodya is indeed an Erenlander, her height betraying some Dornish ancestry. Dark, auburn hair cascades down her back and over a tight fitting leather top. Her skin is a milky white, much unlike the tanned skin of the Heroes. She carries no weapons that are visible, but she seems more than capable of taking care of herself.

Crawling through a ruined building, its ceiling collapsed, Jodya pauses in a dark alley, waiting for the Heroes to gather themselves. Passing down the center of the alley is a dark channel of water, an inlet from the coast nearby. From the smell rising from the water, it is obvious fish remains and worse have been dumped here lately. Walking slowly ahead, Jodya stops, her eyes fixed on the water. Hsst! Don't move! Too late. The water splashes and froths as dark forms emerge from the water behind and in front of the Heroes. Hideous mockery of Erenlanders they are, with slackened, bloated, lips pulled back to reveal yellowed teeth snapping for flesh. Fell. And they are hungry.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Lodric steps between Aislinn and the nearest Fell and prepares to strike.

ooc: Unarmed +3 (1d6+1, x2)

How many Fell and are there any possible escape routes if needed?

Remove ads