Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow. Book 1, The Awakening. Chapter 4, Pursuit

Bobitron

Explorer
Waiting for Lodric's return, Kaela ducks into the protection of an alley with Herger and the others, hoping to avoid prying eyes until the path to Ellard is found.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Lodric takes a quick glance about to see who else might be listening. Sorry, I'm looking for Ellard the tanner. Someone named Murdoch back in Baden's Bluff thought he might be worth looking up. Are you Ellard, or know where I can find him?

Hrothgar

First Post
The Erenlander wipes his knife on his dirty, hide apron. Aye. I'm Ellard. Can't say I know anyone named Murdoch, though. Ellard looks up and scowls. What's so special about me he sent ya' from the Bluff?

Lurking in the shadows of a muddy alley between a moss-eaten building and the twisted, oak forest, the remaining Heroes wait for Ellard. The warm day only seems to add to the stink of the place. From the other side of the building, a bearded, ham-fisted Erelander pushes a makeshift wheelbarrow through the mud. Cursing as he unloads a toxic mix blacksmith oils, metal, and water, he backs up several feet and urinates at the forest's edge. Pulling up his greasy pants, he squints through bushy brows at Herger, the Giant's tall form nearly touching the eaves of the nearby building. Well, well! the Erenlander growls. You be on private property, drifters! Whatcha' got for me that I don't bring the entire town down on yurs stinkin', thievin' hides?!

Bobitron

Explorer
Kaela smiles softly at the newcomer. "We're just here to make friends." A wave of the fingers is all it takes to concentrate the enchantment that should change his attitude if it takes...

ooc: Charm.

Valurel drops into a defensive crouch at the sight of the somewhat hostile local, ready to spring if the man should indeed begin crying out to alert the town to their presence here. He remains silent as he waits to see if whatever Kaela has up her sleeve actually works.

Hrothgar

First Post
The grizzled Erenlander's gaze is drawn to Kaela as she speaks, her manipulation of Aryth's arcane fields subtle and seductive. Ha! We don't let our women speak out of turn- The man shakes his filthy head and staggers slightly as if drunk as he tries to focus on Kaela once again. Woman, your voice is as luring as your fine, small figure. Who are you? Now that you are on my mind, I cannot shake your vision from my sight. The bearded Erenlander smiles foolishly, his teeth pocked with black pits, his gums swollen and rotting.

Bobitron

Explorer
Kaela shrinks back, obviously suprised by the result of the spell. Her eyes dart to Valurel and Herger, nervous and frightened. "Erm... well I..."

While the filthy human seems totally focused on Kaela, Valurel moves cautiously around behind him. Once in position, he sends a blow at the base of the man's skull in an attempt to knock him senseless. He hopes one hit will be enough as he doesn't want the man crying out if he remains concious.

OOC: Punch to the back of the guys head, not using his claws. +7 to hit and whatever damage for an unarmed attack is (1d3+3 for Valurel I believe). If the blow doesn't render the man unconcious, Valurel will attempt to slip his hand over the man's mouth to keep him from crying out and will club him again. Should be all subdual damage I believe.

Krug

Newshound
Starhl waits to see what happens after Valurel's attack. If the man is not unconscious Starhl will grab him and grapple him down, placing his hand over the man's mouth.

Hrothgar

First Post
The eyes of the filthy Erenlander run appraisingly up and down Kaela's slim form. The man starts to walk nearer the Heroes, his grin foolish and smitten. What's wrong, little one? Cat got yur purty little tongue? Not more than ten feet from Kaela the man motions to her, ignoring the imposing hulks of Herger and Starhl. Something ya' need in town? I can get most things. By the Shadow, I'd do anything for y- WHAP! The Ghost materializes out of the shadows behind the Erenlander and lands a vicious blow to the back of his head. The Erenlander crumples into the mud near the side of the old building the Heroes stand next to. A low moan escapes his mud-choked mouth.

OOC: OK, that was a good roll. Not that the Erenlander had great AC, but Valurel just crushed him with some good damage.

Since Thornir has not posted in awhile, let's assume Lodric has not returned from his mission for some time. It is only a matter of time before someone comes looking for the downed Erenlander. Anyone else want to volunteer to find Ellard?

Remove ads