Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow [Recruiting Alternates]

Hrothgar

First Post
Hey everyone

Sorry for the delay. My wife's mother passed away last Tuesday when the entire family was at the hospital in Fargo. So, Thanksgiving was mixed in with a funeral. Long week and very difficult for my wife.

Give me a day or two to get the opening post up.

Krug, Ensin recovered Bjorn's Faith and gave it back to Starhl in my next to last post.

corcio, how goes it?

Bihlbo, sure, write up a character. Guidelines are in the first post of the OOC thread in my sig. Make the character 2nd level and if you plan on playing an Elf or Dwarf or related cousins, realize the Heroes are currently in Erenland and you should have a strong reason why your character is in such a dangerous position and how they have maintained their cover.

Thanks to all for updating.

Hrothgar

First Post
Thanks, everyone. Its been tough on my wife mostly. She had a very strong relationship with her mother. Guys tend to make jokes about the in-laws, but in this case, my wife's mother was definitely one of the good ones. A big loss.

Regardless, I do apologize for the delay. I hope I didn't lose any players with the time off. But, the new chapter thread is here (and in my sig) - let's have at it!

Why would Elves steal Aislinn from the insurgency? Why did Ibor turn traitor? Or did he? What is to be the fate of Aislinn? For good or ill? Can the Heroes save her? What vile agents of Shadow now oppose the Heroes? And what about the old man Fallax? What vengeance do the Heroes have to exact on him?

Let's play and find out the answers to these questions!

Bihlbo

Explorer
Hrothgar said:
Hey everyone, Sorry for the delay. My wife's mother passed away

Very sorry to hear about that.

Hrothgar said:
Bihlbo, sure, write up a character.

Thank you very much!!

Judging by the last page of the most recent game, of the characters in the rogues' gallery these are the characters and players currently involved:
Valurel (Toric)
Starhl (Krug)
Herger (Maddmic)
Lodric (Thornir)
Kaela (Bobitron)

Valurel Itandel - played by Toric_Arthendain
Erunsil (Snow Elf)
4th level Wildlander (Beast)

Name: Starhl Ikehal (Krug)
Class: Barbarian2/Ftr2
Race: Human (Dorn)

Character Name: Herger Vorand - played by Maddmic
Race: Dorn
4th level
Class: Fighter (Giantblooded)

Lodric Tirenn - played by Thornir Alekeg
Erenlander
4th level Defender (Jack of All Trades)

Kaela (Bobitron)
Erenlander
4th level Charismatic Channeler

These characters I don't see active:
Reznik (Elapse)
Brian (Ranger Rick)
Jon Rane (Dirigible)
Morn (Micar Sin)

I just wanted to know so I'd not step on anyone's toes in making my character. Just off the top of my head, I'd say we're lacking a shifty stumblebum with a reputation as a niggardly layabout.

Hrothgar

First Post
Bihlbo
That's correct. We've been playing for well over a year now and with PBP and that length of time, well, real life claims players.

Still, it is a game afterall, so just play what your itching to play rather than trying to fit a party need.

Bihlbo

Explorer
I can certainly do that. I just wanted to get a feel for the group. I actually have about half a dozen Midnight 2e characters saved (because I like to build em) and I'd be happy playing any of them. So I'm going to go for a rogue built to later qualify for the Smuggler PrC.

One request though. I'd like to use the alternate rogue class abilities listed in Unearthed Arcana, and drop the Sneak Attack ability in favor of bonus feats (as fighter). Reference here

Are you rolling hit points? Do we get max for 1st level? Soon as I get a reply to these two questions, I'll be ready to post the stats. Still working on the character background.

Remove ads