• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Mike Schley made the Death House Maps available for free

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
It's also probably a pretty good marketing tool for himself. More people play the module (especially online) because they have the maps to use... more of them then decide to actually buy the Curse of Strahd book in order to continue their adventuring... and then he makes the rest of the maps in *that* book available for purchase.

So he makes himself look good and possibly opens up more sales opportunities down the line. It's a good plan. Give 'em a taste, and hope they come back to buy the full meal.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Of course the player maps aren't much use if the secret stair is shown on them... I guess cut up each room and put them out seperately?

That said, awesome maps!

I wish that his player maps didn't come as a PDF. This makes it harder to edit them down to printable chunks. I want to print out the house layout as a separate page for each floor.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Is there just the one map? The description says it has "Digital DM and Player versions," but maybe that's just standard text?

Do you just right-click and "Save As"?

Or is it just part of the regular Death House PDF?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Right click, choose Download, and choose All Available Originals. It gets you two maps in a .zip file.

Last edited:

Remove ads