Minis Articles on the D&D Page...

bento

Explorer
Scribble said:
It's not really soemthing that makes me angry... But why are there minis articles on the D&D page? Granted,. the two are related, but the minis game has an entire section devoted to it already...

And why do they always put stuff out about Forgotten Realms? Don't they know that not everyone uses it as a setting?

I get soo cheezed off about hearing about things I'll never use in any of my games....

:p

Scribble

First Post
bento said:
And why do they always put stuff out about Forgotten Realms? Don't they know that not everyone uses it as a setting?

I get soo cheezed off about hearing about things I'll never use in any of my games....

:p

Forgotten realms stuff doesn't bug me. Even though it describes Realms stuff I can always gank it for my own campaign...

But all about how to build a good warband is utterly useless... They might as well put an article about what characters are included in the simpsons edition of Monopoly...

bento

Explorer
blargney the second said:
Just read the articles that interest you. *shrug*

No, that's too boring, reading what you only want to read.

You should, no, MUST read every article that appears on the WoTC/DND site. Think of the ones you hate as your quick cardio work out! :D

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Scribble said:
I sometimes buy them... But I can't deal witht he collectible aspect. Counter Collection Digital is what I use... I LOVE it. It rocks.

I wouldn't mind if the article related in some way to the D&D game... But it's just an article about several designers putting together a warband...

Again though, It's their web page... And I'm paying for none of the articles, so beggers can't be choosers I guess! :p

The minis articles tend to come in various sorts that have levels of interest to the role-player.

Thus, Random Encounters, Recurring Villainy and Previews are generally interesting to the RPGer.

Cheers!

Vocenoctum

First Post
Scribble said:
It's not really soemthing that makes me angry... But why are there minis articles on the D&D page? Granted,. the two are related, but the minis game has an entire section devoted to it already...

Because they're a subsection of D&D, just like Forgotten Realms and Eberron, which also both have their own sections but are also on the main section.

Because some D&D players will be interested in DDM. Saying you won't read them is like me saying I'm not reading the FR ones so they don't belong. :)

Remove ads