• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minotaur Paladin (Cleric in Plate)

illwizard

First Post
Hello there Garnath,

If you are after some sort of direction and are still intent on multiclassing with fighter, then I think the 'Pit Fighter' paragon path may appeal to you.

I haven't got the book in front of me, but some of the flavour and one of the powers in particular (lion of battle I believe it's called) would suit your character concept I think.

Check it out and see what you think.

Dracollich

First Post
Garnath I have to applaud your character concept. I like it and decided to run it through its paces up to tenth level.

I've modeled the beast as a front line fighter that stays there til the end, healing himself and his allies when necessary. I choose cleric as the multi-class route to better fit this type of style.

Base Stats with Race Mod:
Str: 18
Con: 16
Dex: 11
Int: 10
Wis: 13
Chr: 12
(note: I've avoided all powers that use Chr)

At first level:
At-wills: Holy Strike and Valiant Strike
Encounter Power: Radiant Strike
Daily Power: Paladin's Judgement
Feat: Cleric Initiate of the Faith - Gain Religion and use healing word once a day

At second level:
Utility Power: Sacred Circle (helps him stay alive)
Feat: Power Attack

At third level:
Encounter Power: Arcing Smite - Str vs Ac against up to two targets, also marks which helps with Holy Strike

At fourth level:
+1 Str, +1 Wis
Feat: Novice Power - Replace Radiant Strike with Cleric's Healing Strike (Str vs Ac, comparable damage, marks target, and allows use of a healing surge)

At fifth level:
Daily Power: Martyr's Retribution - Str vs Ac and do large amounts of damage at the cost of a healing surge

At sixth level:
Utility Power: Divine Bodyguard (place holder really til 8th level)
Feat: Durable - +2 number of healing surges

At seventh level:
Encounter Power: Thunder Smite - Str vs Ac (crit on 19 - 20 if marked), target knocked prone

At eigth level:
+1 Str, +1 Wis
Feat: Acolyte Power - Replace Divine Bodyguard with Cleric's Cure Serious Wounds (more healing)

At nineth level:
Daily Power: One Stands Alone (another place holder power)

At tenth level:
Utility Power: Cleansing Spirit (shake off any bad effects)
Feat: Adept Power - Replace One Stands Alone with Cleric's Divine Power - Str vs Fort against multiple targets and gain regeneration

As for paragon path - Order of the Faith would work well, especially if you encounter a large number of demons and elementals

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads