MiPS Lost Mine Part II

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Astonished by the appearance of a new, self-appointed headman, Eddicus stands still too long and gets caught with a magical attack. He guesses the reason for it: this new fellow is trying to take over, now that the members of the party have been worn down by the Redbrands.

Guessing that the new arrival used the famous 'Magic Missile' spell, of which Eddicus thinks he has heard before, Eddicus surmises that he is now effectively dead -- because 'Magic Missile' has a long range, far longer than Eddicus can run before the mage gets another shot. There is no running away this time: if the mage hasn't used up all of his spells by now, the mage has already won.

"Is this 'Iarno' the same 'Gassy-Staff' of whom you speak?" he asks rhetorically.

Eddicus attacks the mage who damaged him with a shot from his shortbow.
[roll0] [roll1]

[sblock=HP:]HP Remaining: 3 (i.e. healed to 8 by potion, lost 5 due to magic attack)[/sblock]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus shouts to his companions, "Castagyr, Leonan! Remember the Healer's Kit in my backpack! If I get put down, stabilize Brlo, then me, if you can!"

With that, the cleric moves back along the path to its other side, to the opposite side of Brlo to get another clear shot at the newcomer if he even gets another chance at him. [Token moved on map.]

mips42

Adventurer
The ruffian attacked by Castagyr goes down in a heap, bleeding heavily. The other cowers back from the raving dragonborn, Disengages and moves next to Leonan.
The ruffian and Daran calsh swords but neither is able to land a solid blow.
The ruffian and Sildar also trade blows but neither gains an advantage.
The ruffian next to Leonan again strikes at him but Leonan is able to step out of the way.
The mage tosses a dagger at Eddicus but it flies wide.

Go pc's

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: In the interest of complying with the lack of interest in this game, with no posts at all for the past five (5) days, I'll wrap this old thing within a spoiler block.

Former "spoiler block":
Due to lack of interest: Mumbling incoherently in his continued astonishment at still being alive, Eddicus nocks, draws, and looses another arrow at the newly-arrived mage.

[roll0] [roll1]
OOC: #2: Alright, another full day has now gone by. The "declared" action for Eddicus in the spoiler block above has now been struck through, because (apparently) nobody else wanted to continue with the game if Eddicus took that action. I seem to recall that we have been told at least once that we can revise our declarations of PC action as long as the DM hasn't yet taken our actions into account in a formal DM post -- or maybe that was in some different game. . . .
Coming soon: I will reverse the (spoiler-blocked) and (through-struck) action above with having Eddicus stabilize the fallen Brlo for this round, instead of attacking the mage. That's likely to come tomorrow, not tonight. Also, it won't give Brlo any more actions, but will only keep him from having to roll Death Saving Throws, because Eddicus doesn't have the "Healer" feat.

OOC: #3: I have removed the spoiler block around Eddicus' attack per request.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
Lister: Where is everyone Hol?
Holly: They're dead Dave.
Lister: Who is?
Holly: Everybody Dave.
Lister: What Captain Holister?
Holly: Everybody's dead Dave.
Lister: What Todd Hunter?
Holly: Everybody's dead Dave.
Lister: What Selby?
Holly: They're all dead, everybody's dead Dave.
Lister: Peterson isn't, is he?
Holly: Everybody is dead Dave.
Lister: Not Chen?
Holly: Gorden Bennet, yes Chen, everybody, everybody's dead Dave.
Lister: Rimmer?
Holly: He's dead Dave, everybody's dead, everybody is dead Dave.
Lister: Wait, are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Hell no! I simply didn't see the update. Last post I got was that mips was hit hard by life and needs some time

I'm up for continuing. Weird that I missed both updates, but I never abandon a game.

Umm, is that red dwarf quote?

[MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION], [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION], lets finish this one way or the other :) It would be a shame that after all that trouble we fall against such overwhelming odds without at least trying.

Keep the attack for Eddicus, tuxgeo, I'll try to get Castagyr up there without him dying.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan smiles a bloody smile to both thugs.
"You think you've won? While my dragonborn friend is raging? Really? And look behind you, your friends are dying. It's time to bail. Quickly. Here is something to speed you on your way."

Leonan again casts his signature spell, hoping to affect both opponents. In retrospect, it would be better to electrocute one than to miss both...but he is in dire straits and thinking straight is hard.

[sblock=Leonan actions]
Action: Acid splash vs both adjacent thugs (DEX DC 13): 1D6 = [2] = 2

[/sblock]

Castagyr follows the retreating thug and smites again, spending equal power, but not trying to freighten off the thug by wrathful smite, just kill it by pure power.

[sblock=Castagyr Actions]
Move: set flank
Free: spend 1st level slot for smite
Action: Attack with flanking; damage; smite radiant damage: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10
2D8 = [4, 8] = 12
- hit, unwounded thug for 22 damage total (marked by a blue arrow)
[/sblock]

One thug is frightened of Castagyr:
A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight.
The creature can’t willingly move closer to the source of its fear.

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
< snip > . . . lets finish this one way or the other :) It would be a shame that after all that trouble we fall against such overwhelming odds without at least trying.

Keep the attack for Eddicus, tuxgeo, I'll try to get Castagyr up there without him dying.

OOC: . . . Alrighty, for the sake of teamwork I'll unblock and unstrike the roll I made for Eddicus, above.
Please also see my recent post #451 in the OOC thread about my opinion regarding the likelihood of a TPK.

mips42

Adventurer
In a sudden and stunning continuation of fortune, my computer (you know, the one with ALL the adventure info on it plus several hundred other things that are likely non-replaceable) decided that now would be the perfect time to let the magic smoke out. I don't really know for sure what happened yet as I haven't had time to look at it. I'm hoping beyond hope that it's only mostly dead and not all dead.
I really don't know when or if I'll be able to get it back...

-Posted from my LG k7 phone.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Condolences on any loss of data. I have had that happen to me too often.

< snip over-sharing of computer reminiscences >

Last edited:

Remove ads