MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Castagyr and Leonan continue their mad dash to block Redbrands before they can get new hostages. While Castagyr runs full tilt toward the passage, Leonan stops a bit behind him and lobs another acid glob at the advancing thugs.

He yells at the townmaster.

"Move, people, unless you want to taste their steel. Get behind us! Run! Run!! RRUUUNN! Brlo, Eddicus, we need some supression fire!"

He observes the acid blob for a moment to see the effect and then kneels to one knee, moving his head under the cover of the cliff-like rise in the hill.

[sblock=Actions for Castagyr]
Move: moved 6 sqaures on the map, last step in front of the captured thug (right in the passage down)
Action: Dash - move 6 squares to current location
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions for Leonan]
Move: to current location
Action: Acid splash vs first thug and one adjacent: 1D6 = [6] = 6 - both need DEX save DC 13 to avoid the damage
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], could you indicate how hurt they are (this is third such glob and I rolled 5, 5, 6 on damage rolls). I realise these are thieves, probably proficient in DX saves, but it would help to know how hurt they are.
[/sblock]

mips42

Adventurer
The redbrands continue their movement against the sharp face of the hill, keeping as close as they can to maintain cover. In this situation, the Acid globs of Leonan seem less effective.
Two of the ruffians accost Castagyr and engage him with swords flying, while two of the others run past, towards Harbin and his group and the final Ruffian comes up behind the first two with a drawn bow.
You see Sildar point towards Brlo and his captives just as 3 red, glowing bolts of force streak past and strike Harbin, Dropping him to the ground. As you turn you see a middle aged man in traveling clothes, carrying a smoky-colored translucent staff.
The two ruffians that approached Castagyr attack, one is able to get in a sword blow. (5 pts slashing)
The one Ruffian with the bow fires at Castagyr as well, the arrow flies true and buries itself in the Dragon-mans side. (Crit, 11 pts piercing).
From behind you you hear the Man say 'Sorry about this unpleasant business,but it's time for some new leadership in this town.'

Neurotic

I believe this drops Castagyr. I hope not killing hom instantly. Mips, do you know how hurt he was before the crash?

Axel

First Post
Brlo grimaces as Castagyr goes down under a hail of swords... His own, carefully aimed, shot goes wide of the Red Band's bowman (Attack roll: 1d20+6 11)

Seeing few other options, he remains near to his cover and reloads, glaring sullenly at the newcomer. "Wh'ya b'wantin' ole man? Be'a fi'ti t'show up!"

Neurotic

"Eddicus, get the paladin up! Brlo, deal with the mage if you can! Sildar, we cannot aid you at the moment, be careful!"

Half turning to get the mage into his view, Leonan still lobs one of his blobs at the thugs threatening Castagyr. He then moves to block the passage, but he is not really suited for such actions. However, he tries to both protect the paladin and give others time to do something.

"Mage, you already lost most of you minions. There is nothing you can do in this conflict except kill more innocents. Too little of your enforcers remain for the city to be subjugated completly. Leave now and let us deal with your remaining scum. They will get a fair trial."

[sblock=Castagyr Actions]
Death save: 1D20 = [17] = 17
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leonan actions]
Move: block the passage
Action: Acid splash vs first thug and one behind him: 1D6 = [2] = 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-stats]
HP: 9/14
AC: 13

Spells:
0:Acid splash, Mending, Minor Illusion, Shocking Grasp
1: (0/3) Sleep, Thunderwave, Shield

Sorc points: 0/2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus moves past Brlo and his captives to a point off the path just behind Leonan, just above the lower steep drop so he has line of sight to Castagyr (token moved on map), and invokes the power of his deity to grant respite from life-threatening injury.
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/19gZ1x92yvwV92RriYgr9oghDAN1sfVJXCWJ2-FRuXxc/edit

"Hear me and heal them, O Mighty Binder Of All That Is Known! I know we have chances to sway the tide of battle, if only we seize them."

OOC: Recovery of Hit Points: Eddicus employs his one use of Channel Divinity to achieve the "Preserve Life" effect, restoring up to 10 Hit Points divided among creatures he can see within 30 feet of him. He can see Brlo, Castagyr, and Leonan. None of them can regain more than one-half of their maximum HP.
Eddicus restores 9 HP to Castagyr (bringing him up to half of his maximum of 18 HP), and the remaining 1 Hit Point of restoration goes to Leonan if he's below 1/2 HP--otherwise, it dissipates and is lost.

Eddicus cannot apply the remaining 1 HP to Townmaster Harbin because he's more than 30 feet away from Eddicus.

[sblock=Stats]AC 16
HP remaining: 8 (restored from 0 by healing potion)
Spells remaining: 0
Channel Divinity remaining: 0[/sblock]

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
Castagyr slumps to the ground under the sword assault.
Brlos' shot goes wide.
Leonans' acid globs fly at the now-exposed redbrands, the first dodges easily out of the way while the second walks right into it.
Eddicus channels some more healing into Castagyr, reviving the Dragonborn.

'Yes, you've seen to the minions but there are always more. As for what I want, Why, I want what is mine, of course. This nasty business is the fault of that fop, Harbin. Blame him for your plight.' With that he sends three more bolts of energy, one at Brlo and two at Eddicus. (3 damage for Brlo and 5 for Eddicus) 'Realize you doom and surrender.'
Sildar looks askance and shouts 'Iarno! What are you doing?! These people are defending the town!' He pulls a heavy crossbow and fires it at the mage but misses.
The other man that Harbin referred to as Daran draws a longbow and fires it at the approaching Redbrands. His arrow flies true, striking the Ruffian! He staggers, but remains standing.
One of the redbrands moves up to Daran, brandishing a sword. Daran deftly steps out of the Ruffians' path, drops the bow and draws a slender sword of his own.
A second redbrand moves up to confront Sildar. 'This is Glsstaffs' town now' The Ruffian growls as he wades in, sword flashing. Sildar, though, easily ducks the Ruffinas blow and draws <b>his</b> sword.
A third ruffian steps up to Leonan. 'Enough acid, mage.' He strikes at Leonan hard and fast, his blade biting into the mage. [sblock=attack]_: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
Damage = 5[/sblock]
The two ruffians harassing Castagyr attack and manage to miss the recently healed Dragonborn.

Go for PC's! [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION]
@Trogdor1992
@tuxgeo
@Neurotic

Neurotic

Leonans hand flashes to the wound and comes out bloody. He grins, showing the hand.
"Not quite good enough, Red Bast*rd! There is never enough acid for all wickedness in the world! You're done here, run away so you don't hang!"

He reaches with the bloodied hand, trying to touch already wounded thug next to Castgyr, but quick flick of his opponents weapon warns him away and the spell fizzles harmlessly into the blade, throwing sparks, but not harming anyone.

"Brlo, Eddicus, get the mage!"

[sblock=Leonan actions]
Action: Shocking grasp; lightning damage: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8; 1D8 = [5] = 5
[/sblock]

"Thank you for reviving me, Eddicus!" roars Castagyr as he wrathfully smites the thug on his left. Normally composed paladin seems "to lose it" as his draconic side assert itself and he becomes terror incarnate.
"You villains will see your maker today! GRAAAH!"

[sblock=Castagyr actions]
Attack vs thug; slashing damage; psychic damage: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7
1D6 = [3] = 3
- thug to the right of Castgyr (on the map, down and right, not his right side) needs to make WIS save DC 12 or be frightened of Castagyr (save again as an action each round) for 1 minute
[/sblock]

OOC: I hope Castagyr drops the one or he runs away :) I'd hate it if we had to be rescued by competent NPCs :)

Axel

First Post
Caught by surprise as to which side the new arrivals are fighting for, Brlo is struck square in the chest by the magical assault. He collapses to the ground wordlessly (been on 1HP for ages) with a look of surprise on his face

Death save: Death save: 1d20 5

Pass: 0
Fail: 1

Remove ads